Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: 19 & only now finding out your ADHD  (Read 103 times)

Offline prettymission

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
19 & only now finding out your ADHD
« on: February 07, 2014, 03:10:53 PM »
I have suffered from anxiety and depression for a long long time, I finally decided to get help with it all so I went to my dr. I was given cipralex to take for my anxiety and depression, I asked my dr if there was any way I could be bi polar she was hesitant but sent me for tests anyways. I went in Wednesday past for the tests and everything was clear, good news.. I wasent bi polar. BUT turns out I have ADHD... It's good to have some answers but it also sucks knowing that I could of been diganosed a long time ago and high school would of been such a better experience. Either way I'm glad that I have answers and am starting to feel better about it all.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • When she says she loves me.
    • Poke This Member
Re: 19 & only now finding out your ADHD
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 12:47:14 AM »
Welcome to the forum, mission,

Nobody likes to suffer from anything that makes them feel uncomfortable or out of the norm. First off +1 for going and seeking a doctor's diagnosis. I've spent a lot of time online researching and trying to find the answers for my own diagnosis and nothing spelt it out better than visiting a doctor. With the information I got from that I feel that I know myself better and I know what I'm up against.

ADHD, though I know what it is but not too knowledged in it, can be a pretty overwhelming. Do you always feel the urge to move about? I'm always curious to hear more about these kinds of things.

As for the late diagnosis, It is a bummer than it has affected your high school experience but just understand now that knowing you are faced with this situation you can continue to live a happier lifestyle without that always constant thought in the back of your head as to "What's really going on with me?"

Are you planning on continuing further schooling into college? I'm not only going to college because I want to score a degree, but I mainly do it to keep me occupied, and motivated.

Keep in touch man,

David.
Bookmark and Share
Centuries are what it meant to me,
A cemetery where I marry the sea.

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 05:37:54 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline prettymission

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 10:34:05 PM »
Thanks guys :) a lot of help... & yes potatoes I do feel that I have to be always doing something... I don't stop I usually make my self wore out from cleaning or coking all day long. Haha
Bookmark and Share

Tags: