Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: terrified of heart / stomach problems..need some help here!  (Read 127 times)

Offline cdean1

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
terrified of heart / stomach problems..need some help here!
« on: February 07, 2014, 01:04:02 PM »
Okay, so as of now I'm chalking all my problems to be anxiety. My cardiologist has done 2 halter monitors, stress test, xray and cat scan of chest with contrast. I've also been to the er twice with those tachycardia / panic attacks. My Dr has told me my heart is healthy but I'm still getting random chest pain, left arm pain and random chills. And now my problems are piling up bc I'm slightly bloated, stomach feels weird as well as lower left abdomen., Also I had a weird knock in my sternum this morning and I'm freaking about ovaries, spleen and all those organs having something wrong with them. Partially bc they haven't been looked at. All blood work so far has come back norma too.

Am I psyching myself up and is that why symptoms are going from chest to numbess,  pain in limbs and especially the left arm, to stomach problems? Might i add i have had vision, balance, and ear problems..but I had a nasty sinus infection they discovered on a cat scan they did of my brain three weeks ago so I think it had something to do with that. Dr referred me to ENT bc I probably still have fluid trapped behind eardrum.

I'm a mess...I know. I need to calm down, but anyone on here have any encouraging words? I'm freaking out bc a coworker suggest having an angiogram of heart..but I doubt dr will want to go that far to rest of my fears of it being my heart. Btw these attacks started out of the blue one night, no warning nothing. Heart just took off racing but since then I've had multiple attacks and lots of crazy symptoms.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
Re: terrified of heart / stomach problems..need some help here!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 04:21:26 PM »
Your heart is fine, you had more than enough tests to prove that.  You probably know that in your logical mind, but every time your left arm hurts or you get a twinge in your chest that is your "trigger" to send your body into it's flight or fight response.  As soon as you feel that, your body immediately releases all kinds of adrenaline and what not.  Those other symptoms with your stomach most probably stemmed from your constant worry and obsession over your heart.  I speak from experience of course. I wasn't worried about my heart, but the worry gave me such bad stomach issues that I lost 20% of my body weight in one month!

The ear problems and balance is your infection of course, your blood came back fine there's nothing bad going on or it would have been picked up.
Bookmark and Share

Offline famv5

• Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 05:07:43 PM »
I agree.  I think everything is just fine.  I know what you are going through, though, because I'm going through something similar right now.  I started having chest pain last night along with pain radiating down my arm and into my neck.  I was once told it was costochondritis because I have a tender spot that makes the pain worse, however, I still feel like something is majorly wrong.  I know how hard it is to just accept that what a doctor has told us is true.  I always question things and leave wondering if they missed something.
Last year, I was almost convinced I had ovarian cancer or breast cancer.  I shared my concerns with my GP because I was having all sorts of pains in my ovary region, breast, etc.  She gave me scripts for a mammogram and ultrasounds so that it would put my mind at ease, really.  Everything came back normal.  I was shocked!  All that time I was certain that there was something really wrong.  Wouldn't you know, too, that once I saw the results for myself, all of those pains almost disappeared?  I still have them off and on but nothing like before so anxiety was definitely creating more. 

Why don't you ask for an u/s with your doctor to put your mind at ease?  I had a full abdominal u/s, internal pelvic and external.  All of my organs were checked out and that was worth the peace of mind for me. 

Our minds are so powerful.  We can actually create symptoms that we don't really have.  Just try to relax and know that you've been checked out and if the doctor said your heart is healthy, it is. :)
Bookmark and Share
"Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths" - Charles H. Spurgeon

Offline Matteus

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 11:12:30 PM »
Good luck cdean, I hope you feel better soon.  I'd say don't worry - you've been thoroughly tested and it's come back clear.

I"m going through something very similar with my heart.  A lot of fear about it, but nothing wrong according to multiple tests.   I went back to the gym for the first time in 3 months yesterday, because I've been too scared to go.  I used to go 4, 5, 6 times a week for 1-2 hours a time and work hard.   

Yesterday, I managed 25 minutes of slow cycling and then 10 minutes of slow walking on the treadmill before I was being freaked out by my breathing/heart rate.  Got home, chest and arm (mainly arm) twinges all night.

Today, much better and I'm going back to the gym now.    It's a fear and we all should try to think of it as a fear, it's something to meet and to try to cope with and, ultimately, to try to conquer.   All the very best to you, I hope you make it (I'm sure you will). 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: