Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: doctor's appointment tuesday, need some advice  (Read 89 times)

Offline hypochondrius

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
doctor's appointment tuesday, need some advice
« on: February 07, 2014, 08:37:38 AM »
For months now I have been suffering from headaches among other symptoms. These have been passed off because of stress, anxiety, migraines etc.

I am going to ask my doctor to do either a CT Scan or MRI, whichever one is the best fit. But before I do this, I'm looking for some advice to make sure this request is warranted.

I often have a dull ache at the edge of my scalp above my right eye, and i get a sense of pain and/or dullness usually whenever coughing, sneezing or bending over.

I have had muscle jerks/muscle twitching, and I have had body jolts/seizures upon falling to sleep which may be a normal experience, and I have also woken up from sleep once having a bit of a convulsion.

I'm working and going to school and feel like my cognitive abilities have declined quite a bit, but maybe that's from the mirtazapine I'm taking?

I also have bouts of dizziness and mood/personality changes which may be attributed to migraine. The toes on my right foot also feel abnormal, as if I have extra sensation and they feel longer than the left.

I live in Canada, and while medical care is 'free', I feel I need a scan but I also don't want to contribute to long wait times to scans or an unneeded scan. I have been suffering for months and months, and while I don't want to waste doctors time I think some sort of test is warranted at this time, not just to make me feel better. I'm 22 btw.

Do you think I'm justified in asking my doctor for a scan?
Bookmark and Share

Offline emily1994

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: doctor's appointment tuesday, need some advice
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 10:29:56 AM »
Yes, you are justified in asking your doctor for a scan. If these symptoms are scaring you (and I think your symptoms can be attributed to anxiety, by the way) then ask for a scan.

The doctor will probably send you for one anyway... My doctor sent me for an MRI for random ocular migraines just to cover herself, I guess.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: