Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: really frightened, such strange symptoms  (Read 262 times)

Offline mrdave92

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
really frightened, such strange symptoms
« on: February 07, 2014, 06:59:54 AM »
hello everyone, recently i'd been feeling a bit better about things but last night was absolutely awful. My symptoms are still ongoing 24/7 and it feels like my body is going haywire. I had a double root canal treatment starting after my assault and have felt ill ever since, my symptoms have been described as anxiety because i have been really stressed but i just want to know if people have experienced these symptoms. I've seen 12 doctors since this started, had a standard blood test, neurological exams, eye test & optic nerve exam and no one has suspected anything serious but i've never felt this ill in my life.

Hand tremor-particularly left hand
Bee sting like pains in body
Head pains that come and go particularly above eye
fulness in ear
cold dots over body that come and go
hot dots over body that come and go
full body vibrating/trembling, i can feel myself bouncing up and down even when i'm relaxed, my leg constantly feels like it's vibrating. if i rest my head against something it jitters
burning eyes
sharp pains across body
itchiness across body
eye floaters
facial rash that comes and goes- doctor says it looks like eczema but i have eczema and this is different
pins and needles bottom of feet
brain fog
general feeling of being unwell
feel like there's a hand around my ankle
sharp ear pain
abdominal pain (i have ins)
clicking in nose
tingling above ear and on top of my head

i haven't even felt stressed lately which makes it hard to understand all these symptoms! i understand when we're anxious we are more aware of any niggle/ache and pain but i can pass off the normal ones it's the hot/cold dots and sharp pains that take me off guard, i just don't understand it. The doctor checked my hand tremor and said that he wasn't concerned about it. I'm so frightened i have MS,Lyme Disease, HIV or a brain tumour, these symptoms just wont stop. I took fluoxetine for 11 days and changed to trazadone which i'm on my 9th day of. Can anyone help me or discuss if they've suffered anything similar? a lot of these don't sound like typical anxiety symptoms and i know my body, something is causing all of this.
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
    • Poke This Member
Re: really frightened, such strange symptoms
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 08:22:26 AM »
My doctor once told me that when you have many vague symptoms that typically it is due to
stress related causes.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline NytViolet

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 10:34:05 AM »
I must agree; the only thing that causes all those symptoms is severe anxiety.  I bet if your doc prescribed an anxiety med you'd see a huge improvement.  On the main page read the "symptoms poll", most of them are on there.  I have fibromyalgia and get many of those symptoms also.  Did dentist give u a pain Rx?   Some folks are allergic to them.  Plain old ibuprofen works best for dental pain btw.  I'd bet $$$ it's anxiety.
Bookmark and Share
God does not give us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Offline clippergoodwill

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 10:53:52 AM »
It's hard to say without knowing you, your health or any prior illnesses (Not asking you to share, just saying that history and info do play a huge role in diagnosis)

Like others said, it sounds like stress is causing some pretty bad tension and anxiety in your body. It was a paramedic who sat me down and fully explained how powerful stress can be on your body. Sometimes you don't even realize it, you can trick your mind into ignoring the signs of stress but it won't change the fact that it's still there. It can cause the nerves to tighten up, causing sharp pains, and cause your heart rate to increase, raising your blood pressure and causing the trembling you describe. The side effects are virtually endless.

My neurologist explained that anything major, such as a tumor or HIV, would have far greater side effects than those created by anxiety, and would be blatantly obvious in a blood test and in all the imaging I had done.

You did the right thing seeing doctors about the symptoms - don't let anyone tell you different. I've been to the ER a lot, and visited several dr's and had test after test ran. After all those tests, it seems I'm in perfect health. The only thing they found was evidence of vestibular migraines, which isn't serious, and according to the MRI, had been going on for years. If the symptoms keep up and you still feel alarmed, don't hesitate to see another dr for answers.

Sounds like, for now, you have nothing to worry about if all of your current doctors have given you a clean bill of health. Keep the faith my friend.  :action-smiley-065:
Bookmark and Share

Offline clippergoodwill

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 11:03:59 AM »
Bookmark and Share

Tags: