Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Abilify  (Read 193 times)

Offline Lara71

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Abilify
« on: February 07, 2014, 05:17:06 AM »
I recently met with a new psychiatrist. I've been having anxiety and panic attacks pretty regularly for almost a month. I told him about my mood swings, my need to control the situation and feeling out of control.

He recommended 5 mgs of abilify and gave me two sample boxes. I have to call today to see if my insurance will cover it.

I have friends who are very clinical and think I should take it. I have a friend who thinks I can fix it without medication. I am somewhere in the middle. I think I need something stronger than breathing exercises, warm baths and camomile tea just to get me out of this current situation.

Has anyone taken abiilfy? Did it work? How were the side effects?
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 91
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Re: Abilify
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 05:45:30 AM »
I recently met with a new psychiatrist. I've been having anxiety and panic attacks pretty regularly for almost a month. I told him about my mood swings, my need to control the situation and feeling out of control.

Did the mood swings begin with the anxiety and panic, or were you experiencing them before?

I have friends who are very clinical and think I should take it. I have a friend who thinks I can fix it without medication. I am somewhere in the middle. I think I need something stronger than breathing exercises, warm baths and camomile tea just to get me out of this current situation.

I thought you had begun taking Viibryd recently. Is the Abilify in addition to it, or a placement for it.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline Lara71

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 06:42:49 AM »
Taking it with the viibryd. I'm the queen of mood swings.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Daisy131

• Rec's: 6
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 04:09:58 PM »
i am on abilify, and it has been a lifesaver. it, along with xanax, has erradicated my anxiety and panic attacks, and mood swings. what would you like to know about it specifically? i started on 1 mg and worked my way up to 10 mg very very slowly. i'm fairly stable with good sleep at this point.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: Abilify