Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Head "Rush"  (Read 131 times)

Offline lashla

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Head "Rush"
« on: February 07, 2014, 12:17:28 AM »
Hey AZ,

I'm new here and I'm excited to get some advice from people who understand what I'm going through.

My first "episode" happened while I was sitting in class listening to a lecture. Suddenly, like a switch, I just felt "off". The words of my professor just drowned out and I felt like something was really wrong with me....almost like I was going to faint. I got up and left class. That was the first time.

I can only describe what I experience as a "rush" in my head. It's feels like hot water being poured on the crown of my head and down my neck. It used to scare me A LOT more than it does now. In fact, it used to hit me in waves. It's almost like a hot flash (only I am 23....definitely not menopausal  :spineyes: )

Can anybody relate to what I am describing? I've been trying very hard to not go into the downward spiral of Hypochondriasis where I start googling all my symptoms, thus getting more scared and believing I'm having mini-strokes or a brain tumor.

Any help or advice is MUCH appreciated! Thank you!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 17
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Head "Rush"
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 06:12:00 AM »
It's Vertigo. Dizziness of a special sort. You likely did something entirely not important, like change the direction of your head. That triggers vertigo, but its hard to re-create. If it is vertigo, its completely harmless. Its what mine felt like, I can tell you that. Eventually you get used to it. Oh, but next time, don't stand up. While the dizziness cant hurt you, falling over can.
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 6
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2014, 06:14:39 AM »
Make sure you're properly hydrated, eating enough lean protein and getting enough sleep. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline lashla

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2014, 08:42:46 AM »
It's Vertigo. Dizziness of a special sort. You likely did something entirely not important, like change the direction of your head. That triggers vertigo, but its hard to re-create. If it is vertigo, its completely harmless. Its what mine felt like, I can tell you that. Eventually you get used to it. Oh, but next time, don't stand up. While the dizziness cant hurt you, falling over can.

Hmm...I never thought about vertigo? Isn't that when you feel suddenly like you can't orient yourself in space? I always imagine vertigo being like the feeling of not knowing which way is up or down! I guess I don't know much about it....
Bookmark and Share

Offline perc19

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2014, 10:52:48 AM »
Not sure if this helps, but my feelings in my head feel like something weird just comes over me, in my head, like a quick short buzzy fuzzy feeling, almost like sand has been poured in my head or like when you stand up really quickly but sometimes without the dizziness. 

Feels horrible and realy sets off my anxiety. Mostly happens when I'm sitting down or when I have been having an intense moment of stressful thoughts, work or just conversation. An awful feeling that I hate, my doctor is adamant it is anxiety and has prescribed me beta blockers, which looking back I was etting this feeling every day, now it seems to be a few times a week.

Hope that helps a bit
Bookmark and Share

Offline lashla

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2014, 12:36:36 PM »
Not sure if this helps, but my feelings in my head feel like something weird just comes over me, in my head, like a quick short buzzy fuzzy feeling, almost like sand has been poured in my head or like when you stand up really quickly but sometimes without the dizziness. 

Feels horrible and realy sets off my anxiety. Mostly happens when I'm sitting down or when I have been having an intense moment of stressful thoughts, work or just conversation. An awful feeling that I hate, my doctor is adamant it is anxiety and has prescribed me beta blockers, which looking back I was etting this feeling every day, now it seems to be a few times a week.

Hope that helps a bit

Thank you! What you're describing is exactly what it's like!
Bookmark and Share

Offline perc19

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2014, 02:28:16 PM »
Wow - thank you!

You have made me feel much better as I thought I was going crackers, so good to know that someone else is experiencing it as well!!!!!

Take care
Bookmark and Share

Tags: