Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Freaking out about blood clots again!  (Read 107 times)

Offline Radiant_Nebula

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Freaking out about blood clots again!
« on: February 06, 2014, 09:38:10 PM »
So my leg has been sore for about two weeks. Today the pain moved to my groin! I have been stretching my legs a lot though so I was thinking maybe I pulled something stretching it wrong but today the pain moved. Yesterday I did trip over a table so I'm wondering if maybe the groin pain is related (the pain is where the inside of my thigh meets my crotch). It feels like a soreness and it doesn't prohibit my walking or anything. I have no other symptoms but of course I read that 50% of dvts have no symptoms. I really don't want to go to the doctor again for nothing!

I'm a 22 year old female who IS on birth control. Any encouraging words?
Bookmark and Share

Offline park682

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Freaking out about blood clots again!
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 11:00:58 PM »
I've had leg pain for the past two months, went to a new doctor and he stated that he is convinced I didn't have a blood clot...I've been freaked out about it for the past 2 months....he said most things are sensanized online. He was very support and basically said if I had a clot, I would know it because I have no risk factors...is Bc your only risk factor?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Radiant_Nebula

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Freaking out about blood clots again!
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 11:46:19 PM »
As far as I know... I'm not overweight, if I'm sitting down I try to stand up and walk around every hour, and there aren't any clotting disorders that run in my family that I know of. My grandpa just had a dvt and pulmonary embolisms a couple months ago and they ran a bunch of tests on him and couldn't find a genetic reason for it. My uncle also recently had a co-worker who's  son died at 28 from one. Its hard for me to not see any leg pain as a dvt right now, but I'm getting frustrated with myself for thinking I'm dying all of the time from one!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: