Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: How to stop it?  (Read 133 times)

Offline van151

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
How to stop it?
« on: February 06, 2014, 07:31:10 PM »
On my last thread I was scared of tongue cancer and after getting information from several members here, the pain that I feel is nothing to be scared of. I also ask my doctor and he said it's nothing, just a small wound and far from cancer.

I know that it's just a small wound, and it's far from cancer. I know what causing it (eating a hot meal and burn my tongue). But now my mind is like in what if mode, what if this small wound is the beginning of cancer, what if later it develop into cancer, what if the doctor is wrong, what if...what if....it always like that. As long as the trigger (in my case the pain on my tongue) is still there, I always in what if thought.

I know the what if thought is dangerous but I can stop it. What should I do to stop it? How can I stop it? because as long as the trigger is there, as long as I can feel the pain caused by this small wound on my tongue, my thought always in what if mode like I mention before. So the trigger is still there and it won't go away for several days from now (maybe in a week or two), what should I do to stop my mind from going to what if zone?

I make this thread because I think a lot of us face this problem and don't know how to solve it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: How to stop it?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 08:01:00 PM »
When I stopped Googling completely I've basically cured my HA. I still have symptoms, I get negative thoughts but since I am not Googling I am not constantly obsessed with it and I forget about it. When your anxiety lowers you will be able to listen to your rational mind more which will reduce your anxiety even more.

I know how you feel now, because when I was very anxious I wasn't listening to my rational mind at all.

Give it a 10 day shot, there is nothing you can lose and a whole a lot to gain.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Annonymouse

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: How to stop it?
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 08:40:47 PM »
Try looking for something to do, make sure you're busy with something. If you've looked for synthomes and you don't have them then stop worrying. If you can't help it then go to another doctor, I guess 2 doctors won't be wrong. Watch tv if you can, it helps  ::)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: