Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Doc says its a sinus infection; but its hard to believe.  (Read 216 times)

Offline NightBlizzard

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Just Breathe
    • Poke This Member
Doc says its a sinus infection; but its hard to believe.
« on: February 06, 2014, 07:17:13 PM »
Recently went back to my GP's office after a bout of dizzyness that neither my GP nor my Eye doctor could find anything wrong (middle ear was fine, eyes were fine, BP, heart, lungs, ect ect. everything looked good).

However afterwards while the dizzyness began to fade, I started experiencing mild off and on pressure near my right temple, eyebrow, and cheekbone. It wasn't enough to cause any lasting pain (I do have pain every now and again in my forehead and side of head but it never lasted more than a few seconds and was never very severe).

So, yes, I went back to the doctors office (didn't get the same doctor as last time). She checked out everything and told me that she found fluid in my ears and thought that I had a sinus infection so to take Augmentin for 10 days.

I know that one of the hardest parts of living with HA is believing the diagnosis that you're given; but it just seemed odd, my mucus is clear, I don't feel any tenderness or puffyness in my sinuses, and I haven't experienced any fever. I'm hoping that she is right in her assessment and that the antibiotics work (its day 3/10). I guess I'm just scared that the 10 days are going to come and go and I'm going to feel no different or worse its something series (like a tumor or aneurysm)    :(
Bookmark and Share
"Grant that my hands be steady, my aim be true, and my feet swift. And should the worst come to pass - grant me forgiveness"

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Doc says its a sinus infection; but its hard to believe.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 08:10:34 PM »
It's very possible that your symptoms won't go away after 10 days. If you are constantly obsessing about them, you will continue having pressure/dizzyness due to anxiety even if they were initially caused by sinus infection.
Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Doc says its a sinus infection; but its hard to believe.
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 10:07:58 PM »
The pressure you're feeling is right where your sinuses are located.  They can definitely give you the dizzy, whacked out feeling. 

I'm a chronic sinus sufferer (ironically the one thing that I don't have HA about) and fluid in the ears is also very common. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: