Chat Now!   Member Gallery   Anxiety Zone Wire   Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Blood in stool (TMI)  (Read 410 times)

Offline mydogisnamedslippy

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh
    • Poke This Member
Re: Blood in stool (TMI)
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2014, 11:11:52 PM »
I hope this makes you feel better, here is this from TODAY:
The other night i drank a bunch of beet juice and Yesterday I pooped and the water was totally streaked with red. Red red red! It looked like it was emanating from the poop or something.

TMI!!!

(Sorry)

Of course i freaked out. went to the gastro today. Did a poop test. Absolutely no blood. BEETS!

Things color your poop and it is weird. If it doesn't happen anymore never worry about it again.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brick5711

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2014, 08:36:24 AM »
I thought you meant it was streaky but large portions would not concern me and if it didnt happen again i think its pretty safe to say it was the red velvet
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 14
  • Mood: Relieved
    Relieved
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2014, 08:46:44 AM »
After going one time I wiped and there was some mucus, etc and it was the color of this smiley -  :yes:
The whole stool wasn't that color because it was mixed with other things I ate and it was a grayish color.   After freaking out and googling (I guess it can help sometimes!)  I realized that for 2 days prior I had eaten a LOT of a cake I made that had a LOT of green food coloring in it and bright blue icing!  I guess food coloring doesn't digest at all. If it never happens again I'd say it was food coloring.  HAS it happened again?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 14
  • Mood: Relieved
    Relieved
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2014, 08:48:39 AM »
I just read ALL the posts here and saw yours about the red velvet cupcakes!   Now with my story about the green cake (and it was toward the end of the cake because my system is a slow mover!) I would say that's what it was!!  Makes sense!
Bookmark and Share

Offline PinkIcePrincess

• Rec's: 9
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2014, 09:59:27 AM »
Bowel Movements a Huge issue with people who suffer from Anxiety and Panic also Depression due to how we eat and drink also exercise and stress....

IBS is common with these so many of us have it..

Coloring of stool can range from sometimes white to dark brown also black... greens , reds and yellows and orange... like a Rainbow of Skittles.. true..

What we don't digest well we have to be rid of and of course that is the bowels and the urine.. now seeing Dark Red or a Tar looking color which would be Black is a sign that you need to be checked but once we age or sometimes at any age we do need exams and testing... Bright Red is usually from straining when having a bowel movement also yes those lovely Hemi's as I call them some internal some external.. they hurt worse then having a baby!!! well for me..

You can use baby wipes and some creams for those.

Do eat some fiber and drink plenty of water stay away from food that has added food coloring... for me if I eat Fruity Pebbles wow I am not kidding its colorful!!

I worked in a nursing home and this whole bowel movement issue never ends at any age.. we have to not let it take over and scare ourselves just know what we need to do is eat better and stress less.... easy Huh ? lol

Take care and Hope you all feel better.!!  :action-smiley-065:
PinkIcePrincess
Bookmark and Share

Tags: