Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: ok, i'm really freaking out now  (Read 590 times)

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 13
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: ok, i'm really freaking out now
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2014, 07:50:34 AM »
You have a dog - one of the GREATEST stress relievers there is - dive into loving and playing with that dog and fully as you can and you can't imagine how much better your life will be.  Your fears are baseless
Bookmark and Share

Offline reece

• Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2014, 08:18:25 AM »
thanks for your input everyone.  i'm still reeling from anxiety, and hope that the exposure therapy of having the puppy kicks in and dies down soon.

i'm past the scare of catching something from her vaccines now...(mostly). Now, i'm afraid she will get rabies somehow before she gets vaccinated for that. She can't get the vaccine for 4 more weeks! so until then, i'm going to be worrying that something rabid might ha ve bit her (even without us knowing maybe)and that she can pass that along to us with her puppy bites.   how do i rationalize this fear?
I'm trying to figure it out, bear with me.  let's say she gets bit by a baby rabid bat which is laying on the ground, we don't see it.  then she bites us with her puppy teeth!   if she has rabies, she would be pretty quickly sick, and probably die within 10 days(according to my sister who was a vet tech for 30 years). so, that would give us time to get the vaccine ourselves, right?

my husband is no help with this. the irrational thinking mind is hard to understand, so i'm hoping y'all can help me with this....
my sister is very helpful, so i will run this scenario past her too...
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 17
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2014, 08:35:50 AM »
Why do you have a pet when you are so anxious about it ?
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 79
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2014, 08:38:50 AM »
If your doctor thought their was an issue, you would have been told. Our dog when he was younger had a fight with a racoon and killed it.
We had to quarantine our dog for a period of time until he was deemed OK, in case he had rabies.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline reece

• Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2014, 08:39:07 AM »
hypo- believe me, i think i made a huge mistake. i thought i could handle it. i did it for my family who really wanted a dog for the past 10 years and i have been saying no. they wore me down asking and asking, and i caved in.  i'm trying to figure out how to deal with the anxiety of it instead of returning the puppy to the breeder. i am hoping it's an adjustment period and that the anxiety will lessen in time. i'm hoping the people on this forum can get me through this initial anxiety provoking period.

Bookmark and Share

Tags: