Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: hiw long does your symptoms last after panic attack?  (Read 1659 times)

Offline Potatoes

• Easy on the sauce...
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • No matter how far down, You can always get out.
    • Poke This Member
Re: hiw long does your symptoms last after panic attack?
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2014, 02:42:16 AM »
I've just started having panic attacks from my new medication. If I begin to go numb in the hands and face that will clear up as soon as my breathing slows, but takes at LEAST an hour to stop the trembling. If I'm having a more controlled attack I've had one go for over 2 hours and things gradually clear up. But there are a lot on here who've had it fer days.
Bookmark and Share
Sometimes, when I'm home alone, I fill my bathtub with tomato sauce and pretend I'm a meatball.

Offline LoveGun

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2014, 10:11:57 AM »
My first bout with panic/anxiety attacks lasted almost a month until I felt normal again. My most recent bout is still ongoing, different symptoms mess with your brain hard. I'm at a lil over a week with this one, good days and bad, slowly gaining control.

Peace

,Rob
Bookmark and Share

Offline shaula

• Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • It's a new day.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2014, 12:02:32 AM »
I tend to feel tired and unwell for a day or so after my panic attacks...it's kind of like the feeling after being startled by something you didn't know was there. Afterwards I feel tired and sick and unwell...just really burned out. And tense. Oh, boy, tense. I never really realize how tense I am on a daily basis.
Bookmark and Share
Everything will be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end.

Hold on if you feel like letting go.

Offline d3vo

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2014, 04:51:12 PM »
I feel relieved after an attack like a drained feeling .as soon as I get out of the trigger situation I usually feel normal.I've was on an anxiety break for years but it came back in a massive attack which lasted like a whole 2 min and took me all day to recover .I put a wet towel over my face and laid down .strange treatment but it helped my destroyed nerves.I did some exposure therapy last night and triggered an attack it came and went in like a min it wasn't bad at all.well that's me gl and have a calm day
Bookmark and Share

Offline SanFranGiants

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2014, 04:02:18 PM »
This last Panic Attack (about a week and a half ago) has kept me with severe anxiety for the entire week and a half.  I've been seeking therapy and medication, it seems to be helping.

But my symptoms have lasted for a week and a half and will probably go for a while long.
Bookmark and Share

Offline new_mommy13

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2014, 09:03:21 AM »
I find that I am physically and mentally exhausted after an attack. It does last for days which leaves me feeling even more stressed out!! I feel sore muscles and an actual burning in my hands and legs. Does anyone else experience the "burning" feeling??
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything