Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: After Anxiety/Panic Attack!  (Read 184 times)

Offline tamsankaur

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
After Anxiety/Panic Attack!
« on: February 06, 2014, 01:36:52 AM »
Hey guys, I had a question. After you guys experience an anxiety attack or a panic attack, do you find it difficult to move on? I would say I had a bit of an anxiety attack yesterday because of an obsessive thought that was stuck in my head, and today during the day I felt fine, but when it came time to sleep again I felt a bit more anxious and scared. Does that happen to everyone? Does it take time to get rid of this feeling? How do I avoid having to go through this feeling after every anxiety/panic attack? Sorry for bombarding you guys with questions, but hope you guys will be able to help! :)
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 163
    • Poke This Member
Re: After Anxiety/Panic Attack!
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 05:15:21 AM »
I think come the night time you can be alone with your thoughts. It is the most quiet time of the whole day. So thoughts and the likes will enter your head and your anxiety might rise. Can all be about distraction. Just one thing to take your mind off yourself. Maybe a radio on with some soft music playing. So you are more focused on the music. Not focused on yourself. We do have a lot of night time anxiety people. I do put it down to the reasons I mentioned. Such a quiet time and dark. The mind is bound to race a bit more than during the day, when you have things to do as a rule.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline tamsankaur

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: After Anxiety/Panic Attack!
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 01:59:24 PM »
Thank you for replying! I agree with what you have said. My psychologist has told me the same thing. I listened to my iPod last night and just tried to think about positive things and I was able to go to sleep fine. After a panic attack/anxiety attack if I am able to go to sleep nicely one night then I don't feel so anxious and restless at night. I think in the back of my mind I am just scared I may have another anxiety or panic attack at night since I most often get them at night. I think I am one of those people whose anxiety exists mostly at night. In the day time I am very happy and upbeat.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: