Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: stuck in a rut...  (Read 301 times)

Offline Jason293117

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
stuck in a rut...
« on: February 05, 2014, 09:24:41 PM »
Another lonley night, booze and music videos on you tube. Ive found myself here many times before. I want better yet i need to break this cycle. My brain knows what i need to do, i know what i need to do. So many plans and dreams. Why cant i push for tjem when i want so badly to? Even at this moment i feel the guilt and internal pressure of what i should be doing, but the will is so hard to find. Does anyone else deal with a pure case of the "***** its"? Thats what they call it in the construction field any way. Im falling...again.  :fragend005:
Bookmark and Share

Offline YoloGirl31

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Hot
    Hot
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: stuck in a rut...
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 11:39:20 PM »
Don't fall, just when you start to lose hope remember you are loved and are not alone. Everyone has a moment where they fall, getting back up gives you the chance to make up what you hadn't finished. Keep pushing, find another outlet, drinking will only bring you down. Go help someone in Need, it makes for a great boost in spirit and you'll quickly see that things aren't as bad as some. Count your blessings... Don't know where to go, ask at a church, or local charity. Best wishes  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • When she says she loves me.
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 03:11:02 AM »
I struggled with the "f its" as well. Especially when things build up and start getting close to due dates. sometimes you just gotta stick your neck out and do it, regardless if you're motivated or not. The relief of having it done is so much better in the end.

Best of luck.
Bookmark and Share
Centuries are what it meant to me,
A cemetery where I marry the sea.

Online tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 07:51:05 AM »
Except for a help site like this and the good people we can meet here, I have little to no use for the so-called "advances" of technology. So I'll get on my rant horse.

Jason, turn it all off, except us of course. And turn inward to develop your inner self of which technology will rob you if you let it. Have read that you are a father. There is your big purpose. Quit the booze, quit YT and discover your mind, imagination, interests, hope, optimism and be the best role model possible. Such an attitude will slowly and surely help you to take the steps you want to take, the goals you want to pursue. Take it a small step at a time. We are no strangers to the feelings you're having, but we'll never give in.

Sometimes it takes a therapist, or light meds, or the holistic route of CBT, reading, thinking, journaling, etc. But you need not stay stuck.
Bookmark and Share

Offline uktom

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 03:41:50 PM »
I work all week the get drunk on Saturdays, been doing the same thing for years and im very tired of it but cant seem to break out of it
Bookmark and Share

Offline RRaider95

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2014, 10:35:49 AM »
I've turned to alcohol plenty of times for "relief", and my brother is a recovering alcoholic.  Just remember a couple of things:  once you sober up, your problems are still there; and alcohol is actually a depressant, and doesn't help your "downer" mood at all.

I'm not saying to completely abstain, but using alcohol as a treatment for depression or anxiety is not a productive solution.

I can tell you that exercise has done wonders for me.  I really should do it more often.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: