Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: anxious, anxious, anxious--depressed  (Read 226 times)

Offline sally1959

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
anxious, anxious, anxious--depressed
« on: February 05, 2014, 08:49:29 PM »
Can someone help me? I've been having this horrible feeling of anxiety all day. I feel like something scary is just going to pop up around the corner any second.

I have been very depressed this week and I don't know why. I've been sleeping so much, I slept right through my classes today. I got plenty of sleep but felt utterly exhausted and kept falling asleep again. I've been really depressed for a few weeks now. I think I'm losing weight because no matter what I don't feel like eating. Like even if I'm starving, the thought of putting something in my mouth is exhausting. I think of all the things I could cook or go out and eat and nothing moves me. But I do drink an unhealthy amount of coffee. Today I made two grilled cheese sammys in a row because there was nothing else to make, even though I am gluten intolerant.

I feel like a mess today. I feel like I'm about to break out in a full-blown panic attack shortly. I'm sorry to bother others with this but I'm really not sure what I'm supposed to do. I feel hopeless, pointless, and worthless today--what does one do about that? Skipping classes, neglecting homework, do nothing all day but browsing dumb things on the internet...I don't know how to get out of this vicious cycle.
Bookmark and Share

Offline christina10778

• A.K.A. "Noble Queen"
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • "If God is for us, who can be against us?"
    • Poke This Member
Re: anxious, anxious, anxious--depressed
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 11:10:39 PM »
I'm so sorry...and I understand exactly what you're going through  :(
I think we all have days like this every once in a while.
I did just a few days ago...and it lasted about 3-4 days.
It was horrible.
I was soooooooo down and feeling the worst.
I couldn't stop crying off and on.
But, you'll get through this....it will pass....it always does.
Try to smile, even if you don't feel like it.
Watch happy movies, listen to happy music, look up happy quotes, etc.
You will be fine :)
And we are all here if you need us  :yes:
Bookmark and Share
My Health Anxiety Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8-5ZQ6ZyRtI4ccjpE_4QwQ/videos

My Blog: http://thoughtsineuphoria.wordpress.com/

1 Peter 5:7 - "casting all of your anxieties on Him, because He cares for you."

Offline tamsankaur

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 12:50:00 AM »
We all have those days. I am going through that right now. I would recommend talking to someone so you can let your frustration out. It helps when you can vent all your feelings to someone and know that there is someone who can understand. Second thing I would tell you is that with time this sadness and anxiety will pass. No matter how strong a feeling, it never lasts forever. It will go away, but you have to give it a little time. Till then try to be patient because it gets a lot worse when you get angry and frustrated and overall impatient with yourself. One thing I like to do is find inspirational things. That can be anything from quotes, to books, to videos or movies. Find something that inspires you! It will make you feel more hopeful and hope is enough to make you feel a lot better. I know you don't feel like eating, but try to eat something nutritious! Your body needs the strength to be able to deal with your emotions. I would also recommend to not drink too much coffee. That makes you more hyper and in turn brings up your anxiety. Try doing normal things. I know it's hard to push yourself to move past all of this and to do your normal routine, but just push yourself and do normal things. It will divert your attention and make you feel better. I hope this helps and good luck! I hope you feel better very soon! 
Bookmark and Share

Offline clippergoodwill

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 03:07:09 AM »
We all have those days. I am going through that right now. I would recommend talking to someone so you can let your frustration out. It helps when you can vent all your feelings to someone and know that there is someone who can understand. Second thing I would tell you is that with time this sadness and anxiety will pass. No matter how strong a feeling, it never lasts forever. It will go away, but you have to give it a little time. Till then try to be patient because it gets a lot worse when you get angry and frustrated and overall impatient with yourself. One thing I like to do is find inspirational things. That can be anything from quotes, to books, to videos or movies. Find something that inspires you! It will make you feel more hopeful and hope is enough to make you feel a lot better. I know you don't feel like eating, but try to eat something nutritious! Your body needs the strength to be able to deal with your emotions. I would also recommend to not drink too much coffee. That makes you more hyper and in turn brings up your anxiety. Try doing normal things. I know it's hard to push yourself to move past all of this and to do your normal routine, but just push yourself and do normal things. It will divert your attention and make you feel better. I hope this helps and good luck! I hope you feel better very soon!

^^^ Couldn't agree with this post more!

Some days it is hard to get motivated more than others. But you can't give up.. Call a friend for lunch, find something outdoors to do, anything in effort to avoid the cycle of anxiety and depression.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sally1959

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 03:51:30 AM »
Christina thank you for replying, I watched some of your videos and it really made me feel a lot better seeing someone who understands.

tamsankaur thanks to you too, I think what you said about being impatient is a good piece of advice for me, actually the thought of being "patient" with this seems like the best thing I can do right now. Like just letting it be and go away on its own time--I already feel less exhausted :)

clipper thank you I will try to do something normal, it's really hard to think about calling a friend because this depression makes me really irritable and real people just annoy me but I've skipped my martial arts class for two weeks now, so maybe I'll go in tomorrow and try to get back in that routine.
Bookmark and Share

Offline tamsankaur

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2014, 01:56:12 PM »
Thank you Clipper!  :happy0151:

Sally, I think you've got it! Just be patient and don't try to fight this feeling off. The less you try, the better you feel. I have noticed that when I am trying so hard not to feel anxious I feel more anxious, and when I just don't care and let loose I feel ten times better. I think your martial arts class will make you feel a lot better. Physical exercise helps to release a lot of stress for me and gets me back into my body and releases bad thoughts! I hope that it works the same way for you.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: