Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Pain ALL THE TIME!  (Read 225 times)

Offline lauren4329

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Pain ALL THE TIME!
« on: February 05, 2014, 07:54:08 PM »
For the past 2 and a half months or so, I've been crippled with flashes of pain everyday almost all the time. The pain ranges from sharp stabs to dull aches, and radiates all over my body. I experience it in all my joints, my head, my ears, even spots in my abdomen and chest areas, but it is completely random where it will appear or when. I've been to multiple doctors and had almost every test in the book, but so far all that has come back is an elevated ANA level and elevated WBC count of 10 in my spinal fluid. In December I was diagnosed with viral meningitis because of the spinal WBC count and because of my chronic "headaches" (which i did not consider headaches..just stabs of pain in my head and ears like I feel all over the rest of my body.) I never was able to accept this diagnosis because I still experience those pains and am convinced that if meningitis had been causing all of this, it would have died down by now. I did have about a week and a half in January where I was close to feeling 100% normal again, but my pains have unfortunately returned. Basically what I'm trying to get at is that my pain continues and according to my health anxious mind, the elevated ANA and white blood cells in my spine can mean only one thing: cancer. My mind is constantly crippled with thoughts of what disease all these pains could mean, and I go to bed every night in fear that I will die in my sleep that very night from the undiagnosed condition I'm convinced I have. What could possibly be wrong with me????
Bookmark and Share

Offline christina10778

• A.K.A. "Noble Queen"
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • "If God is for us, who can be against us?"
    • Poke This Member
Re: Pain ALL THE TIME!
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 10:49:02 PM »
Anxiety and stress can cause all kinds of physical symptoms.....I've had plenty of them and still do
But most of them, if not all, are all associated to somatization.

"Somatization is the process whereby you develop physical symptoms in response to psychological issues, often with an accompanying preoccupation with, and overreporting of, bodily sensations. You're conscious of a multitude of physical symptoms -- many seemingly unrelated -- that seem to rule your life, but you're not conscious of the mental conflicts that are producing your symptoms. Obviously, many cases of health anxiety syndrome involve some element of somatization." -George Zgourides, Psy.D.

Basically, you are causing the symptoms without realizing it.
And since they are not actual "medical" issues, the doctors will continue to tell you that there is nothing wrong.
Don't get me wrong, there is something going on and your physical symptoms are 100% real and affecting your life, but, since it is all or mostly psychological they can run all the tests they want and nothing will ever come from it.

Have you looked into Cognitive Behavioral Therapy?
Are you on any meds?
And how old are you?
Bookmark and Share
My Health Anxiety Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8-5ZQ6ZyRtI4ccjpE_4QwQ/videos

1 Peter 5:7 - "casting all of your anxieties on Him, because He cares for you."

Offline Bulle

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 03:34:42 AM »
I'm experiencing the exact same situation Lauren you are not alone. I'm going to the doctors tomorrow and absolutely terrified.
Bookmark and Share

Offline lauren4329

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 05:50:41 PM »
Thank you for your response! I'm only 17 and after a 2 night stay in the hospital in December when I got most of tests done (including MRI, spinal tap), my parents will now be paying my 20k medical bill (not to mention an ER visit and at least 6 office visits) during the course of my "sickness." My parents have come to the conclusion that I am giving these pains to myself, and while I do slightly agree with them, they believe that I have the power to overcome this just through a few positive thoughts and meditation. I feel like I'm too hopeless to fix this without therapy but therapy is not even an option with the medical bills they're paying right now. What worries me the most and is mainly the reason I can't begin the process of trying to become positive and overcome this is because of my test results. I don't have the relief of being able to say that everything came back fine and that there truly is nothing to worry about, because the ANA test did come back positive and of course the elevated WBC in spine even though the doctors attribute that to my "meningitis." As for the ANA, my pediatrician said she was going to call a rheumatologist to discuss the ANA results and if the rheumatologist felt it necessary to see me, she would schedule an appointment with him. She never did call back to update me on this, so I assume that means the rheumy thought it was nothing to worry about, but it still really concerns and bothers me knowing it was positive at all. And no, I'm not on any meds.
Bookmark and Share

Offline christina10778

• A.K.A. "Noble Queen"
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • "If God is for us, who can be against us?"
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 06:40:41 PM »
Awe, sweetie, you are going to be okay....you really are.
And I know how hard it can be to be positive when you are having all kinds of pains with no diagnoses.
It can all be extremely terrifying....

If I were you I would have your mom call the doctor and find out what is happening with the Rheumatologist....just for peace of mind.
Then, I would look into vitamin therapy and CBT.

Plus, what kind of food do you eat?
Do you have a lot of caffeine, white bread, sugar, and processed food?
Bookmark and Share
My Health Anxiety Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8-5ZQ6ZyRtI4ccjpE_4QwQ/videos

1 Peter 5:7 - "casting all of your anxieties on Him, because He cares for you."

Tags: