Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Do you feel like a different person w/o anxiety?  (Read 762 times)

Offline tamsankaur

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Do you feel like a different person w/o anxiety?
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2014, 04:39:16 PM »
Lily, I am glad I was able to give you a little bit of strength when it comes to not losing yourself. I know how important it was and still is for me to be myself regardless of this anxiety, and I know I was really relieved to know that anxiety won't change who I am. Other than that, I am feeling a lot better. Things have started to turn. I wasn't too happy yesterday, nevertheless, each day is different and I feel a lot hopeful and optimistic today!  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 16
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2014, 10:02:59 PM »
My earliest memory is one filled with fearůso anxiety has literally always been a part of me.  As I've gotten older, I've learned to make it a part of me.  Even with an SSRI, I still have obsessive thoughts, I just guide them so they become a help rather than a hinderance.  At work, I use it to research the heck out of something and at home, my husband knows that the vacation will be planned and I will have uncovered everything there is to uncover about a destination.

I've often thought that I would love to just be "normal" but with age comes acceptance I guess LOL
Bookmark and Share

Offline 2sungo

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2014, 05:14:16 PM »
Most definitely, I had 31 years without serious anxiety or depression (ie whatever I experienced was transitory and easily managed) then when I had my first panic attack everything changed.  In the decade or so between the three episodes I have endured (well I'm still dealing with episode three) I found, with medication and time, myself again and practically forgot about how it felt to be in the midst of this illness.  For one thing, its normal not to feel physically sick/weak every day, let alone depressed or anxious without good reason.  I am still a risk adverse person when I am in remission, as I was before I got sick, but still its like night and day.  In between episodes agoraphobia goes away and I get more interested in travelling, my hobbies, other people, and exercising.  Waking up is no longer a chore, and I can drink tea and even coffee sometimes, which I cannot even contemplate until my brain heals again.
Bookmark and Share

Offline worldbeat99

• Rec's: 17
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2014, 05:17:18 PM »
I just added my photo to my profile.  I like being open and visible.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lily120

• Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2014, 09:11:26 PM »
Lily, I am glad I was able to give you a little bit of strength when it comes to not losing yourself. I know how important it was and still is for me to be myself regardless of this anxiety, and I know I was really relieved to know that anxiety won't change who I am. Other than that, I am feeling a lot better. Things have started to turn. I wasn't too happy yesterday, nevertheless, each day is different and I feel a lot hopeful and optimistic today!  :happy0151:

Tamsan, that's great advice, to remember that each day is different. I sometimes get stuck in a mindset where I forget that things can and do change. Thanks for the reminder. Hope you are doing well!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lily120

Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2014, 09:19:25 PM »
Soaringfalcon,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm curious about how you refocus your anxiety. How do you redirect your anxious thoughts to be more helpful? Also, does that work for you when you feel a general sense of anxiety rather than specific thoughts?

Bookmark and Share

Offline Lily120

Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2014, 09:25:30 PM »
Most definitely, I had 31 years without serious anxiety or depression (ie whatever I experienced was transitory and easily managed) then when I had my first panic attack everything changed.  In the decade or so between the three episodes I have endured (well I'm still dealing with episode three) I found, with medication and time, myself again and practically forgot about how it felt to be in the midst of this illness.  For one thing, its normal not to feel physically sick/weak every day, let alone depressed or anxious without good reason.  I am still a risk adverse person when I am in remission, as I was before I got sick, but still its like night and day.  In between episodes agoraphobia goes away and I get more interested in travelling, my hobbies, other people, and exercising.  Waking up is no longer a chore, and I can drink tea and even coffee sometimes, which I cannot even contemplate until my brain heals again.

Hi 2sungo,

What has worked best for you in the past to keep your anxiety and depression in remission? Thanks for sharing your story!
Bookmark and Share

Offline worldbeat99

• Rec's: 17
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2014, 11:23:57 PM »
How are you doing, Lily?  Just saying hi to catch up.   ::)
Bookmark and Share

Offline NinjaKitty

• Mood: Confused
    Confused
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2014, 05:54:46 AM »
Only speaking on my own personal experience but I find when i have windows as i call then (time without anxiety depression etc that can last months or years) I feel revitalised, more willing to do things that i woulnd't do when im anxious or depressed, even little things like going for a walk or doing the shopping. It is amazing how different you can feel..........But (i know there is always a but) i always have that nagging feeling in the back of my head wondering when the next onslaught of anxiety will be, some days i  don;t even think about it but some days i think wow I'm doing rly well my personality is fantastic, im being social but how long is it going to last (its justa   fleeting thought).

But i think anyone who has suffered constantly for long periods with anxiety or any other mental health issue the embrace the times whre there is just nothing but stress free,  carefree and no worrys!!

Kitty xx
Bookmark and Share
Currently surfing the anxiety waves!!
Current meds
30mg mirtazapine (remeron) at night
30mg Duloxetine (cymbalta) Evening
20mg temazepam nightly
5mg diazepam 3x's daily
Pregabalin (Lyrica) 150mg 3x's daily

Tags:

anything