Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Oral C****** Scare/freak out  (Read 253 times)

Offline Puller

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
Oral C****** Scare/freak out
« on: February 05, 2014, 05:07:21 PM »
So here I am again, I spent a good deal of time in chat talking with kathie but I am still freaked out.  She told me one side of the mouth will not look exactly like the other side. For instance back left side of mouth near rear of tongue by the Palaintine Tonsil (if I still had my tonsils). I have on that anterior/posterior pillar (which ever is nearer to the back of the mouth )a couple of raised areas literally one above the other,  and one raised area has what appears to be a crater in it. It all looks pink/red in color like the rest of my mouth. Needless to say I am freaking out here. One side of my mouth looks dramatically diff than the other. I saw a dentist about 2 years ago a little less that did an oral cancer screen and it was negative.  I keep track of my mouth often via a flash light and I have not seen any real changes one of the raised areas has a vertical -- in it like that line and when I place my finger under it it opens up, maybe a cut that has not healed. Either way im losing my mind. HELP

I am totally freaking out right now, and the flu with this vicious sore throat is not helping.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Puller

Stressed
    • Poke This Member
Re: Oral C****** Scare/freak out
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 05:27:48 PM »
Anyone?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 06:36:24 PM »
I  had recently spent a LOT of time with a flashlight looking down my throat from July to December (had a mucus retention cyst that I diagnosed from the internet - I am TOO afraid to go to a doctor!)  Anyway, I would check it multiple times a day to make sure it wasn't getting any bigger or getting infected.  It did drain by itself and my 2 sides are not the same, never were, I never thought anything of it.  I can't DESCRIBE the differences, but both sides (the tonsils and AROUND the tonsils aren't mirror images) Especially If you have a sore throat ONE side will look worse than the other and even healthy will look different.  (I can see the bottom of my right tonsil, but the left one blends in to the bottom, it looks like there is extra skin on one side and not on the other, the right tonsil has a crater in it, left one doesn't - see what I mean? (I have VERY tiny tonsils and you can't see them at all unless they were inflamed, and when I DO have a sore throat I can see the right one, not the left one.)  And you noticed all this 2 years ago??  You wouldn't even be around to POST if that was cancer!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Puller

Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 06:41:46 PM »
I  had recently spent a LOT of time with a flashlight looking down my throat from July to December (had a mucus retention cyst that I diagnosed from the internet - I am TOO afraid to go to a doctor!)  Anyway, I would check it multiple times a day to make sure it wasn't getting any bigger or getting infected.  It did drain by itself and my 2 sides are not the same, never were, I never thought anything of it.  I can't DESCRIBE the differences, but both sides (the tonsils and AROUND the tonsils aren't mirror images) Especially If you have a sore throat ONE side will look worse than the other and even healthy will look different.  (I can see the bottom of my right tonsil, but the left one blends in to the bottom, it looks like there is extra skin on one side and not on the other, the right tonsil has a crater in it, left one doesn't - see what I mean? (I have VERY tiny tonsils and you can't see them at all unless they were inflamed, and when I DO have a sore throat I can see the right one, not the left one.)  And you noticed all this 2 years ago??  You wouldn't even be around to POST if that was cancer!

I see, I also have the extra skin on the one side the part where i described the vertical cut....its extra skin I see on left side but not on right low literally resting on top of tongue on the side of the mouth. Just scaring the hell out of me. its been there a couple years now, it may be a tiny bit bigger or im being a hypo and it has never changed color from pink/red. yea its about 2 years old, I have been digging around in my mouth and on google looking for anything looking like it, so I will know its cancer.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 07:27:49 PM »
Wow, it is so amazing how we are all alike here - looking for things where nothing exists.  I can say that to you because I'm the SAME way and I can SEE it so clearly in others!  LOL!  Cancer is cells that grow uncontrolled - so in ANY kind of cancer it would progress, sometimes in a few weeks, sometimes in a few months - but in 2 YEARS?   You would either have a tumor the size of a bowling ball in your neck or you'd be dead.  So relax.    :action-smiley-065:
(easy for ME to say "relax" when I myself was freaking out for 5 months over a common mucus retention cyst, right??)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Puller

Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2014, 07:30:21 PM »
Wow, it is so amazing how we are all alike here - looking for things where nothing exists.  I can say that to you because I'm the SAME way and I can SEE it so clearly in others!  LOL!  Cancer is cells that grow uncontrolled - so in ANY kind of cancer it would progress, sometimes in a few weeks, sometimes in a few months - but in 2 YEARS?   You would either have a tumor the size of a bowling ball in your neck or you'd be dead.  So relax.    :action-smiley-065:
(easy for ME to say "relax" when I myself was freaking out for 5 months over a common mucus retention cyst, right??)

Good point. I will try it's just really hard for me I have debilitating hypochondria ...
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2014, 07:45:53 PM »
I hear ya, so do I.  Sometimes I do really well, then I spiral down into a hole with a black fog all around me and I can't get out - that's when all the irrational fears take hold. I KNOW they are irrational as I am experiencing them but the black fog keeps giving me negative thoughts. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Puller

Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2014, 08:06:09 PM »
I hear ya, so do I.  Sometimes I do really well, then I spiral down into a hole with a black fog all around me and I can't get out - that's when all the irrational fears take hold. I KNOW they are irrational as I am experiencing them but the black fog keeps giving me negative thoughts.

EXACTLY. I was fine for months until this flu two days ago, then it was like an avalanche of hypochondria again out of nowhere...it comes and goes in cycles for me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Puller

Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2014, 03:45:17 PM »
So a Hypo walks into his doctors office with the FLU and walks out with strep throat!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: