Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Does this sound like a sinus infection  (Read 170 times)

Offline carbonatedwater

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Does this sound like a sinus infection
« on: February 05, 2014, 08:08:26 AM »
So for like 5 or 6 days I had a bit of a cold then I started to feel a bit better, then about 4 days ago I started getting this dull achy pain in my right cheek bone area, and also what felt like a tooth ache, but I couldn't find which tooth it was. Constant headache and leaking eye as well. I was also spitting up a lot of green phlegm. Then today I noticed that my snot had a considerable amount of blood in it, and for the past 5 or 6 hours every time I inhale all the snot from my nose into my mouth to spit it out it's about 70% blood. If I blow my nose theres a lot less blood but theres still a bit in there. So do I have some sort of weird nasal cancer or does this sound like it could be a sinus infection. When I googled the symptoms I found that most of these do in fact sound like they're caused from a sinus infection but all the blood as me concerned a lot.

I went to the doctor a couple days ago but he completely ignored every thing I complained about and only listened to my lungs. Then prescribed me some antibiotics without even checking the things I was having issues with.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ihadcancer

• Rec's: 7
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Does this sound like a sinus infection
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 08:41:25 AM »
Sounds like a sinus infection. The blood is most probably from your nose. There are a huge number of veins in your nose and even a dry house can cause bleeding.  You can use vasoline in your nose but I buy Ayr and use it instead. It's safer.  You should see your doctor about the sinus infection.  The best relief I got was a prednisone shot.  All your symptoms sound like sinus to me.

According to the Mayo Clinic, a sinus infection occurs when bacteria or a virus settles in the nasal cavity, causing the sinuses to become inflamed, which leads to nasal congestion, sinus pressure pain and nasal discharge. A common symptom of sinusitis is a thick, yellowish-green discharge from the nose with a mixture of blood, according to the National Jewish Medical and Research Center.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: