Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Anyone else worried about the flu?  (Read 143 times)

Offline ryates80

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anyone else worried about the flu?
« on: February 05, 2014, 07:50:33 AM »
Is anyone else's anxiety through the roof worrying about the flu? I normally worry about heart issues and now it's infectious disease. I terrified that if I get the flu I'll die. I'm the perfect age for it this year 33. We're also moving and I'm terrified of cleaning the storage because of hantavirus from mice.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anyone else worried about the flu?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 08:26:23 AM »
Did you get a shot?   They really DO help.
If for some reason you didn't, can't or don't want to, the VERY best thing to do to not get a sickness that is passed on via mucus membranes (nose, eyes and ears) - you can't get the flu from mouth to mouth contact, those would be stomach and intestinal bugs passed that way.
but whenever you are out in public, DO NOT touch your face or stick your finger in your ears.  As soon as you get home wash your hands real good.  Also if you come home and were out in public and have to use the bathroom, wash your hands BEFORE using the toilet as I believe that touching the toilet paper and then wiping, transfers germs to mucus membranes "down there" - I ever heard that, it's just MY personal paranoia that I follow, and hey, I don't get sick  (and I drive a school bus that is "germ central") so I must be doing SOMETHING right!
If someone in your house is sick, just don't ever touch your face.   If you truly are as paranoid and obsessed as I am you WILL remember not to.  If you don't remember, then you just aren't as crazy as me.   :bigsmile:
The mice and hantavirus?   Gee, I never even thought about anything like that!  People clean out "dirty" things all the time and I never heard of anyone getting something like that.  Maybe it's rare.  If you are truly worried, wear one of those dust masks.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: