Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Scared of UTI today, trouble fighting fear  (Read 103 times)

Offline katherinexHA

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Scared of UTI today, trouble fighting fear
« on: February 05, 2014, 12:12:31 AM »
Hi guys. I'm having trouble fighting my fears today.

I started off the day drinking a lot more water and coffee than usual. I was thinking about how I should drink at least 4 water bottles a day and was happy to be on a healthier track. However, I started peeing a LOT more than usual (which isn't unexpected with the sudden inc. in hydration). At one point I started feeling a discomfort in what I'll guess is my urethra. I couldn't stop focusing on it. It feels like an irritation? I don't know if that could happen due to peeing and wiping a lot maybe? Nonetheless, obsessive thought patterns kicked in and I compulsively checked the internet over and over for explanations. I'm now scared I have a UTI and want to get a home testing kit, but its too late to go to the store. I just feel a general discomfort down there and am hyper aware of the sensations. It feels like irritation or a mild soreness!

I don't know :/
Bookmark and Share

Online anxiouskathie

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 209
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Scared of UTI today, trouble fighting fear
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 06:02:59 AM »
Hi Katherine.....my suggestion would be to continue with the increased fluids and I bet this goes away on its own.  I do agree with you when you say you are hyperaware.  I think the increased amount of trips to the bathroom just have changed your routine a bit and if you stay on this routine it will feel normal for you again.  See how you feel throughout the day and if no better give your doc a call and do a simple urine test to get checked, but I'm guessing by afternoon today you'll probably feel better.  Best of luck!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: