Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Back pain  (Read 169 times)

Offline kenny0515

• Hypo King
  • Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Back pain
« on: February 04, 2014, 11:58:38 PM »
For about five weeks iv been having upper left back pain and i googled lung cancer came up im 24 been smoking for almost 8 years but the weird thing is that xanax makes it go away so is it my muscles
Bookmark and Share

Offline IAMHEALTHY

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Back pain
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 12:14:51 AM »
I have this fear as well, I believe mines was a pulled muscle form not stretching that became a muscle knot/spasm. I used a tennis ball and it no longer spasms, but I still feel discomfort so I'm not sure if it's trigger points.

The reason I worry is because I have very slight nail clubbing. I wish you good luck bro :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline skim50

• The BooBoo Guru
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 02:05:23 AM »
Well, if you're a smoker, anything is possible. If you have health anxiety, you should probably do yourself a favor and begin the process of quitting smoking. Good luck!
Bookmark and Share

Offline skyisblue

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 03:53:26 AM »
I do get back pains sometimes as well. I usually fear that it is an organ that is trying to tell me that it is going to self destruct!

But then, my tests have always been normal so far and I easily forget that the backpack that I usually carry to work is heavier. I also have this habit of carrying my backpack on my right side only to make sure that nobody steals from it! Lol.

I agree with skim. Since you are a smoker and have HA, I suggest that you should take small steps to stop it. It's no joke that smoking can cause bad things in the body in the long run.
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 6
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2014, 07:52:29 AM »
Stop smoking is the best thing you can do for your current and future physical and financial health.

You said you're 24.  Where I live cigs are a little over $9 a pack so assume a pack a day thats $63 per week or $3,276 per year.  If so smoke another 25 years thats over $82,000 assuming no price increases.  Take that same money put it in the bank.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: