Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Relationship anxiety  (Read 156 times)

Offline nuahs

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Relationship anxiety
« on: February 04, 2014, 07:28:22 PM »
Hi guys, I'm 23 and I started seeing this girl 3 weeks ago. I really, really like her, I've never met anyone I get on so well with - think its the first time I've genuinely wanted a relationship - I'm pretty sure she feels the same way about me. When I'm with her, it is amazing but as soon as I'm back at home on my own I get so friggin anxious about every little thing. For example, I text her at 8pm tonight and she still hasn't replied 4 hours later and even though I had a perfect night with her last night, I am going over every possible situation in my head and expecting the worst (even though I know that everything is fine). I feel completely ridiculous even saying it because it is so damn insignificant. I also have this ominous feeling that I'm going to screw everything up. I've been trying to play it cool, but it seems that if I'm not with then i just worry uncontrollably about the most petty things. In day to day life I am so laid back and hardly anything worries me so i really don't understand where this has come from. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions as to what I could do? I really feel like this is going to ruin everything (but maybe that's just the anxiety too!). It is like my brain is telling me that everything is wrong even though I'm 99% sure everything is good. I honestly feel better already just getting all this out - I feel like a mad man!

I know this is nothing compared to what some people suffer but any help would be much appreciated :)

Nuahs
Bookmark and Share

Offline stephpuck

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Relationship anxiety
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 09:05:16 PM »
I think this is totally normal. In my experience at least. My husband has confided in me that he felt this exact same way for the first 3 months of our relationship. I had no idea because I was finishing up my senior year of college and sometimes didn't get his messages right away. I felt so bad learning this but it soon subsided and he proposed and got married that same year. Still married 8 years later :) Your anxiety is just trying to make you think something is wrong but your gut is probably right that everything is just fine!
Bookmark and Share

Offline nuahs

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Relationship anxiety
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 09:27:36 AM »
Thanks very much for the reassuring reply :)

Of course, everything is fine. It is crazy how one text can release all the tension and now i feel completely relaxed (until the next time of course!!).
Bookmark and Share

Tags: