Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Magnesium  (Read 351 times)

Offline Kissa

• Rec's: 1
  • I don't remember what calm and relaxed is...
    • Poke This Member
Magnesium
« on: February 04, 2014, 06:37:16 PM »
Hello all, I remember reading ( i think somewhere here on the forum ) that taking magnesium daily is supposed to help. So I got a bottle. But I'm not sure how much of it I should take at a time....

Anyone else take this, and if so, now much a day? Thx
Bookmark and Share
Just because I understand an acknowledge what I am worrying about is silly, doesn't mean I'm able to stop worrying about it.
~One Breath at a Time~

Offline anxious J

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Magnesium
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 07:36:16 PM »
What Magnesium isit ? As most Magnesiums End up in the bog not Long after taking ... Magnesium Bis-Glycinate is the most absorbable form of Oral Magnesium Which Can help with Anxiety if Deficiant Which most people Are. The Dosage i take of Magnesium Bis-Glycinate is 500 mg Twice Daily
Bookmark and Share

Online MobileChucko

• Try? Try not! There is no try...
  • Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 23
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 09:03:18 PM »
Hi Kissa...

Magnesium is essential to all cells of all known living organisms.  It is the fourth most abundant mineral in the human body and it is necessary in over 300 reactions within the body.

Natural food sources of magnesium include: green, leafy vegetables, like spinach, nuts, beans, peas, soybeans, and whole-grain cereals.  Eating whole foods is always best.  Magnesium can be lost during refinement and processing.

If you are going to take a magnesium supplement, choosing the right one is very important.  The most widely available supplement on the market is magnesium oxide.  Unfortunately, magnesium oxide is also the least absorbent form of magnesium.  You should take time to research the different forms of magnesium that are available, and choose a highly absorbable one.  I take Solaray magnesium asporotate.

The recommended dose of magnesium is 350 mg/day for adults and children ages 9 and up.  Large doses of magnesium can cause diarrhea, and can actually be toxic. 

I hope this helps to answer your question, Kissa.

The very best to you!...  Chuck
Bookmark and Share

Offline Andrew90

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 09:07:44 PM »
I've been taking 400 mg Magnesium Glycinate every morning for the past several months, and I've found it to be immensely helpful in reducing the amount of ectopic heartbeats I get (PVC's). This in turn has lowered my anxiety levels, because the PVC's tend to spike my anxiety, even though I know they are really nothing to worry about at all (I've had 2 EKG's and a 2 week ECG which all came out normal and diagnosed benign PVCs). I am an anxious 23 year old who has some level of hypochondria too.

I'm wondering if taking an additional 200 mg in the morning (600 mg total) would further help to reduce the remaining PVC's that I do get from time to time. I'm also wondering if it is a safe dosage. From what I have read, anywhere from 400 mg - 800 mg in people with Magnesium deficiency's is considered safe and ideal for supplementation.

Anyone have experience with relatively high supplemented doses of magnesium?
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 100
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 10:20:34 PM »
I'm wondering if taking an additional 200 mg in the morning (600 mg total) would further help to reduce the remaining PVC's that I do get from time to time. I'm also wondering if it is a safe dosage.

Consider trying to get most of the 200mg from food. About a quarter cup of pumpkin seeds or half a cup of almonds will get you about 200mg day, plus other minerals.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Tags: