Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Does anyone know about this "Chronic Pain Syndrome" or "Somatic Disorder"??  (Read 345 times)

Offline mydogisnamedslippy

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh
    • Poke This Member
So...

Yesturday I had a brain MRI and, as my neurologist predicted, it came back normal. Totally fricken normal. Hence, she is convinced that I have some kind of "Chronic Pain Syndrome" or "Somatic Disorder". These sort of sound like "get out of my face" diagnosis's to me.

I have been tested for: gluton intolerance, Lupus, the stimulation tests for MS, had a sigmiodoscopy (sp) / endoscopy (found minor gastritis H. Pylori negative, doc said stress), a million CBCs, CMPs, urine tests, EKGs, and now this MRI--which actually I kind of enjoyed (I listen to a lot of weird music that kind of sounds like the machine). If i didn't have good health insurance and a good job in real-estate, I'd be F'ed right now.

However, I remain unconvinced that nothing is wrong with me. I feel like i have a million symptoms all the time and am constantly achey. WTF!

So, has anyone heard of Chronic Pain Syndrome or Somatic Disorder and by into it? If so, how did you fix it?? Can i make this go away with out medication? Does anyone do accupuncture?

Thanx, you guys rule!
Bookmark and Share

Offline PrinceTuesday

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I was diagnosed with somatic disorder by my therapist for my digestive issues and reoccurring neurological symptoms. I am doing CBT as well as acupuncture, and taking fluoxetine. So far nothing has seemed to help which of course feeds the fire that my problems are not just anxiety. Like you I have had an mri, tons of bloodwork, EKG, ultrasound of stomach and pelvis, etc. acupuncture is really good 'in the moment' but as of yet it hasn't helped long term with my digestive issues, although my neuro issues have subsided a bit maybe due to acupuncture.
Bookmark and Share

Calm
  • aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh
    • Poke This Member
That's good to know that at least acupuncture has helped you a little bit. The neuro issues are super annoying...dizzyness, pins and needles, vibration feeling, etc...

this sux.
Bookmark and Share

Offline PrinceTuesday

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Yup, I was dizzy every single day which has really subsided although I don't necessarily feel 'like myself' yet. But FYI I was dizzy for six months straight every day and now it is just every once and while so that does get better.  You have/had gastritis? That is my most recent diagnosis and I hear it can be stress related but I am convinced it is something more sinister. How long did it take for your digestive symptoms to subside?
Bookmark and Share

Calm
  • aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh
    • Poke This Member
Funny story about the gastritis...i didn't think i had it and I don't know if it has subsided. The GI guy said, it was "barely diagnosable" but still there. So...sometimes my stomach still hurts. I don't know. Sometimes it doesn't?

Pretty much everything hurts sometimes and nobody can give me any reason for it. I am still waiting for the lymes test results though. I don't know.

Also, I'm 28. How old are you?
Bookmark and Share

Offline PrinceTuesday

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I am 23 which also worries me because I feel so alone in all of this around my peers. So frustrated always.
Bookmark and Share

Calm
  • aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh
    • Poke This Member
I totally understand that. This is bullshit. Sometimes its hard for me to leave my house and do anything. I am a realator for apartments, and if i didn't have such a flexible work schedule i don't know what i would do. Although part of me thinks that if i didn't have such a flexible schedule I would be better off maybe because it would force me to leave the house sometimes. It sucks because I am also a musician and i used to tour alot and since this anxiety started i haven't toured at all. Total bummer.
Bookmark and Share

Offline PrinceTuesday

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Yup- my health anxiety is so crippling I hardly do anything that I used to anymore. Never go out to see friends, can barely make it through the day at work, etc.
Bookmark and Share

Calm
  • aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh
    • Poke This Member
Prince: You should DM me if you wanna chat about how this totally is terrible. I am a good commiserator
Bookmark and Share

Offline CrazyQuacker75

• Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I've heard of fybromyalgia which is body wide aches and pains, it's a real thing normally brought on by stress, I buy into it because I know people who have it who are perfectly healthy.
Bookmark and Share
In the race against myself