Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Anxiety And ADHD  (Read 137 times)

Offline EsotericNonsense

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anxiety And ADHD
« on: February 04, 2014, 03:11:50 PM »
I was diagnosed with ADHD in elementary school but have never been on medication. Lately I've been having really bad issues with anxiety and depression and I feel as if it's making my ADHD worse and I'm not sure what to do about it. How am I suppose to get laundry and dishes done when I don't really have the desire or motivation to do anything? I mean I've always had some issues with housework but previously I would be able to get myself into a cleaning mode where I would just walk around the house doing basic chores that needed to be done and that doesn't seam to happen anymore. I'm having issues focusing at work too now. I've tried using caffeine for that but I'm not sure how much it helps. Right now caffeine seams to just make me jittery which feeds back into my anxiety. I have things I do to help with the ADHD like making lists and putting my thoughts in writing but most of these technicians require that I have a desire to get something done which I seam to be lacking right now.

Has anyone else experienced Anxiety or Depression making ADHD worse, and if so do you have any coping mechanisms?
Bookmark and Share

Online Lunatone

• Rec's: 19
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anxiety And ADHD
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 12:18:46 AM »
Yes, I have. There is only one thing you can do about it, and you're not gonna be happy with the answer. You just have to force yourself. It is, of course, easier said than done... I figured it out and I'm still terrible about it. but, in the end, its the only solution. You just kinda have to make yourself.
I usually just take a moment, think, and tell myself "Just do it!" and it usually works.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: anxiety depression ADHD