Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Question about losing weight  (Read 667 times)

Offline Gomubukai

• Rec's: 14
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Question about losing weight
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2014, 07:42:06 PM »
Thanks for the replies guys

I just spoke with my doc on the phone and she said to stop the antibiotics and see if my weight stabilises. If I keep losing weight she wants to investigate a thyroid problem

I don't know if I made it clear to her just HOW stressed I've been.

I really hope that's all it is. This year has been tough so far on the stress/anxiety front...
Bookmark and Share

Offline CrazyQuacker75

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2014, 09:44:43 PM »
Don't weigh your self more than once a day, and weigh your self at around the same time, your weight fluctuates through out the day, I've learned this through trying to lose weight. I typically weigh myself once every two week's to make sure I'm not gaining weight, but for you I would only weigh your self once a month, For awhile i started losing weight for no reason I started weighing myself everyday, I finally stopped and then when I weighed my self a few weeks later I had put the weight back on.
Bookmark and Share
In the race against myself

Offline Taurus4

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2014, 11:38:26 PM »
I have also been struggling with weight loss and I am really freaking myself out right now. Definitely the worst thing I have ever googled out of all of the symptoms I've ever had. I literally read something that said "weight loss is cancer until proven otherwise." I am literally in a full blown panic right now. I noticed today that the scale was another couple pounds lower today and I actually have been doing a better job with eating he past few days. This has to be more than anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gomubukai

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2014, 03:08:33 AM »
Ah Taurus... I really wish you hadn't posted that quote...

Partially because I refuse to google this.

My doctor on the phone said 'if it keeps dropping we will do a blood test to check for a thyroid problem. Don't worry about anything yet'

But it feels like the weight loss has been really sudden so of course  trying to ignore the subconscious part of my brain screaming CANCER at me. :(

Logically I know I havnt been eating as much and have had no appetite. But my ha part of me says. You've been stressed before and you've never lost weight over it...

It's so ridiculous. If it was less I wouldn't worry but it's like 3.5 kg in a couple weeks.
Bookmark and Share

Offline skyisblue

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2014, 04:07:45 AM »
Hi Gomubukai,

Let me tell you that you are not alone in this.

If you follow my previous topics back in November to December, you can see that I was MADLY obsessed with my weight loss.

Believe it or not, I am usually the person who gains weight a lot even if I just sit around!

The funny thing is that I actually started to lose weight back in August and then I got a bad stomach flu that made me eat less for about a month. I also had a diabetes scare back in September so I had to reduce my sugar intake (fortunately, blood sugar test was normal).

The thing that really really really scared me was the fact that people kept telling me "Wow, you lost weight!" and as I look back at the things that I did, I believe they were not enough for people to notice how much weight I lost. Like I said, I usually gain weight by just sitting around and doing nothing. Never have I lost weight this fast.

Get this: Back in August 2013, I weighed around 201 lbs. In September, I dropped to 190 lbs. Then towards December, I dropped to 182 lbs. The weight lost just kept coming and coming.

I was at the point when I had to decline to go to Christmas parties and reunions because I was terrified to meet people thinking that they would say that I lost weight. I am a photographer during my free time and you know what, because of this weight loss scare, I was terrified to have my photos taken even in groups because I would compare the photo with my previous photos and see how much I lost weight. That's how bad it was.

And you know how the holidays make us fat right? Over the holidays, I still get people commenting on my weight loss. You can just imagine how ridiculously depressed I was.

To make it even worse, I felt really weak and tired during the last week of December towards the new year. So much for enjoying the holidays! I got a CBC with differential count and it came back perfect. The doctor was so happy yet I was still not assured.

Well, to make things short: It's February right now and I gained weight back to 190 lbs. I still anticipate people to tell me that I lost weight and honestly, it still scares me. I still obsess over my photos sometimes, but the main scare is not as bad as before.

Well, I guess the overeating has now opened up to a new GI symptom which is gas and tingling in the tummy. You can just imagine how HA is driving me nuts.

If you're feeling fine in general, then I don't think you have to worry.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gomubukai

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2014, 02:10:43 PM »
Thanks for th reply

I get sort of the same thing as sun lover described. Where I'm hungry but just can't face food. As soon as the main stress of the moment is gone ill be able to eat until the next one.

It's just never been this bad before. This year has been a bit difficult so far and I've moved from stress to stress...

Besides this and the generic feelings that stress bring. I can't say I feel terrible. So that's good right?
Bookmark and Share

Offline beast216

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2014, 07:11:20 PM »
Anxiety and depression absolutely cause weight loss. I lost 23 pounds in two months (weigh 210).  I couldn't eat a thing.  I looked emancipated and pale all the time. I thought it was every dirty stomach disorder in the book. Turns out with some therapy and medication for depression appetite came right back and so did the weight.  Crazy what our heads can do to us,,
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gomubukai

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2014, 04:42:19 PM »
Ok. So after a few days of some (quite horrible) almost binge eating of high calorie foods. I've put on about 1kg to prove to myself I can still gain weight.

The problem is... Now I'm a bit worried about going back to my normal, much healthier diet in case the weight falls off again.

Does anyone have any suggestions/advice for me?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gomubukai

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2014, 05:20:09 PM »
^bump?

I just want to know if I'm being ridiculous thinking that by eating normal food again I'm going to drop weight?

This uncertainty seems to really have gotten a hold of me... I'm not sure where to go from here...
Bookmark and Share

Tags: