Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Can anyone give me advice?  (Read 112 times)

Offline Chris1974

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Can anyone give me advice?
« on: February 04, 2014, 04:27:33 AM »
Hi everyone. I have joined after many many months of feeling so emotionally troubled. My situation involves a woman I am in love with and not to go into the (VERY LARGE amount of) history and details for now, but I am feeling such a sense of anxiety at how she is dealing with things. I feel sick and cannot get the situation out of my head. I hear certain triggers and they only compound things. I've tried to make cups of tea, walk away from my desk etc, but I need something to help me put it to the back of my mind. I was in tears for hours last night and it is embaressing because I am a middle aged man with a very good job that needs a level head.

Can anyone help me....
Bookmark and Share

Offline crikee57

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 68
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Can anyone give me advice?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 02:57:08 PM »
Hi Chris,

Welcome to the forum.  It is great to have you as a member.  This is a wonderful place to get advice and support from people going through similar situations.  The members here are very helpful. It is nice to know we are not alone.

Feel free to explore the forum.  There are lots of useful topics to read.  Feel free to post and ask questions.  If you have specific concerns or questions start a topic in the appropriate section to get the best feedback. There is also a chat room for members 18 years and older that you can access once you have made three meaningful posts in the forum. 

Again welcome to our community.
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Offline Potatoes

• ɗℴ℘∈
  • Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • When she says she loves me.
    • Poke This Member
Re: Can anyone give me advice?
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2014, 01:07:01 AM »
Welcome to the board Chris,

Sounds like this woman has made quite the impact in your life. I think situations like these strike more emotion than a spontanious threat (bank robbery, bully etc). Have you maybe thought of speaking with a Therapist about it?

How does your body react when these triggers are pulled? Sweatiness, elevated heart rate or breathing? or is it more of a saddened weighted feeling?

I think speaking with someone you can confide in will be your fastest and quickest sense of release. Sometimes it's hard to do it face to face if the credibility of the person you are speaking with isn't that good in means of "Trust Talk".

Also plenty of members on here, I can't think of their names right off the bat but I'm sure you will hear from them soon, are excellent people to talk to and the fact that you don't know them and they don't know you, it'd be easier to communicate how you really feel.

Don't let it eat at you, when the mind tells you there is a problem or a concern, actions must follow.

I wish you the best. Things will pan out. (:
Bookmark and Share
Centuries are what it meant to me,
A cemetery where I marry the sea.

Tags: