Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Deep Vein Thrombosis  (Read 215 times)

Offline Vasallus

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Deep Vein Thrombosis
« on: February 04, 2014, 12:04:42 AM »
I have been very good lately with my HA. Been a week and a half with no worrying or self diagnosing. There has been something I have been ignoring though and now I can't ignore it anymore.

My legs have felt odd lightly. A bit tight on the inner thigh and sometes my legs just feel off. I can't really describe it. I have been getting some tenderness and warmth on my left inner thigh.

There has been no real pain just some mild discomfort but I googled and my symptoms popped up blood clot. Now I am in full on panic mode and I am trying to calm down and remind myself that me googling my symptoms caused this panic.

I do sit for long periods of time when I am playing video games but I do get up to walk the dog, get food, bathroom breaks, etc.

I work five days a week on my feet and do a lot of heavy lifting. I am 26 years old.

The only risk factor I seem to be matched up with is my immobility, but I really only sit for six to seven hours two days out of the week. The rest is a few hours here and there til I go to work.

Someone please help me to calm down. I am so tempted to drive to the ER and make a fool out of myself...
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: Deep Vein Thrombosis
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 06:38:36 AM »
My legs are sore today. Why? Because I done nothing yesterday. Was raining all day. So I sat in. My legs will get sore from time to time. Pinching feeling at times. Other times sore all the way down them. It goes away. I think we spend a lot of our time tensed up. Even if we are not anxious. We still tend to tense up. This can cause aches and pains. I just accept my pains as part and parcel of my anxiety condition. The more you think about them and focus on them the more your mind will begin to make you worry more. Try not to focus on it. Try accept it is part of the anxiety and the tensing up. I know it can be hard if you feel pain as you move your legs. But the more you move the more you will loosen up. Things should go back to normal again. Even exercise as you sit. You may get slight pain from exercise too. So expect that. Just give it a day or two. I am sure you will be fine.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: