Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: new to site, would like to introduce myself...  (Read 84 times)

Offline nervousnelly89

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
new to site, would like to introduce myself...
« on: February 03, 2014, 09:15:55 PM »
Hey everybody,  im sara. Im a born and raised jersey shore girl. I grew up going to the beach everyday (no im not a guido and I dont know snooki  :P ) ive had a really fortunate life  and im grateful for that.  I've always been a nervous person but it has begun to get a little bit out of control.  I see a therapist every 2 weeks and she is a big help but I still get these panic attacks where my chest tightens and I have difficulty breathing.  My mind goes a mile a minute and it takes me sometimes hours to calm down. My father died a year ago . He had ALS. Google it if you are unsure -its a pretty awful disease.  I dont know if all of this anxiety is still stemming from my grief but im trying every option to find relief because its ruining my life. My dad used to use an onlime forum to help him cope with his diagnosis...who knows? Maybe this will help me too.
Bookmark and Share

Offline crikee57

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 68
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: new to site, would like to introduce myself...
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 03:39:26 AM »
hi sara,

Welcome to the forum.  It is great to have you as a member.  This is a wonderful place to get advice and support from people going through similar situations.  The members here are very helpful. It is nice to know we are not alone.

Feel free to explore the forum.  There are lots of useful topics to read.  Feel free to post and ask questions.  If you have specific concerns or questions start a topic in the appropriate section to get the best feedback. There is also a chat room for members 18 years and older that you can access once you have made three meaningful posts in the forum. 

Again welcome to our community.
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Tags: