Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?
Anxiety Forums & Chat Rooms

Desperately trying not to google! Stop me!

Offline annaki

• Personal text
Desperately trying not to google! Stop me!
« on: February 03, 2014, 09:00:34 PM »
It's just so easy to do and part of my goal with this is not to do it...tell me to stop!
Bookmark and Share

Offline anagargano

• Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
Re: Desperately trying not to google! Stop me!
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 09:07:11 PM »
STOP.....no good will come of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lindsay2427

• Mood: Scared
    Scared
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 09:29:14 PM »
NOTHING good comes from it. Sure you might find some comforting answers to relax your mind a bit but there will also be something that will set your HA off big time! I went against better judgment and googled my foot pain symptoms tonight and now I'm worried about brain rumor, MS, bone cancer whje before googling I was fine with thinking mild nerve or tendon damage from tight boots. DON'T GOOGLE! 
Bookmark and Share

Offline everette

• Personal text
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 09:41:35 PM »
it's not a good idea.

But I have to admit I lost a pound and half over the last 3 days and I have been googling all day and am now in more of a panic mode than when I started.
Bookmark and Share

Offline annaki

• Personal text
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2014, 09:54:48 PM »
I never feel better after doing it but can't seem to stop. I like reading all the benign things it can be but of course I focus in on the worst. I feel like I have a bone tumor right now. I feel like that's what it HAS to be. Ugh.
Bookmark and Share

Offline clippergoodwill

• Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2014, 11:42:44 PM »
Google has very limited use for diagnosing anything... I would definitely take the results with a huge grain of salt.

When im not working my regular job, i repair cars and trucks on the side for extra cash, and its fun to me. People are always coming to me, describing a problem with their car and what they found on google. Rarely is it ever correct, and the times it is correct is usually because the person has a good knowledge of mechanics, and know the exact terms to search with.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2014, 05:39:57 AM »
In July I got a mucus retention cyst on my tonsil, a small one, every day I would check it - I kept googling to make sure that's what it was and all sites would say that's what it was and it will go away on it's own either in weeks or months.  But that wasn't good enough I STILL kept googling until I found ONE site that said that but also added, "Cancer may still be present"  That was it, that ONE lone site and all that echoed through my head for months until it went away was, "Cancer may be present" over and over and over again. I was way too scared to go to a doctor so I'd check it daily to see if it would get bigger (3 or 4 times a day sometimes)  I figured if it was still there in December when I went for my regular physical I'd tell the doctor then.   (It went away - drained or whatever they do, he NIGHT before my appointment!) so even when yo find reassurance if you are like me you will keep looking until you find something bad.  Or you will choose the worst thing from a list of 15 things that come up.  I haven't googled in almost 4 days and feel like I am doing better mentally.
Bookmark and Share