Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Can't stand the dizziness anymore  (Read 424 times)

Offline Gale

• Rec's: 1
  • My grand dog!!!!
    • Poke This Member
Can't stand the dizziness anymore
« on: February 03, 2014, 08:55:58 PM »
My  dizziness comes and goes, some weeks I am fine and then it all comes back. Have been this way for years. Tests are always normal.  Also I feel shakey and tired, I also take meds, which don't always work.Can anxiety  do this to you and go on and on?  Looking for some reassurance.
Bookmark and Share

Offline hypochondrius

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Can't stand the dizziness anymore
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 09:05:13 PM »
Vestibular migraine without the headache, worsened by anxiety and stress.
Bookmark and Share

Offline clippergoodwill

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 11:58:38 PM »
Agreed. Sounds like vestibular migraine with anxiety. Dont let the word "migraine" throw you.. Vestibular migraines are headaches where the primary ailment isnt pain, but dizziness. Theyre actually so common that some doctors consider them a variant of the human form, and not really an illness. Kinda like how some people have better eyesight than others. I have been diagnosed with them when i had an mri performed, but the mri suggested that i had been having them for years. They probably only became apparent when i started dealing with anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline AlwaysFreakedOut

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 05:27:23 AM »
Like everyone else said - sounds like, vestibular migraine . I think I suffer from the same because I have the on and off dizziness/ off balance feeling for years now. And all tests have been normal. I don't get the headaches but I get the off balance feeling, some eye issues( burning, tired eyes) , also had an ocular migraine one time a few weeks ago . If you can find a doctor who specializes in migraines in your area see him/ her. I did a lot of searching because of my dizziness which pretty much drove me insane last summer - I was in a very dark place - and came across the vestibular migraine websites.
Bookmark and Share

Online Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 08:01:14 AM »
What KIND of dizziness?  Spinning?  Or feeling like the floor is dipping when you walk?   Or lightheadedness?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gale

• My grand dog!!!!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 08:57:37 PM »
Hi Sunlover, I am always lightheaded and also feel like I am on a boat or the floor is moving when walking. Been going  on  for years.
Bookmark and Share

Online Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2014, 07:59:09 AM »
Ah... the anxiety dizziness!   LOL!   Does this ever happen to you?  (I had to stop taking walks for a few years because it was so bad!) - you are walking and it feels like all of a sudden the floor or street dips!  You walk in a store and feel you have to stay near the shelves because walking down a store aisle is real bad.   To test it to see if it was anxiety (or menopause related for me) I took a Xanax before a walk and it didn't happen.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gale

• My grand dog!!!!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2014, 10:56:01 AM »
Sunlover, thanks for your response.  I take Ativan and sometimes it helps and sometimes it does not. I also suffer with headaches, fatigue, and  a list of  many  symptoms. Somedays it;s hard for  me to go to work. Tests come back normal!!!!!  God I hate this. It;s been years of suffering!!!!  Does anyone else feel this way??  Thanks for all your replies, means alot to me!!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline hypochondrius

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2014, 05:20:46 PM »
For the last few years since living where I am, I didn't really have many friends or know many people, and I abused the hell out of caffeine. When I started getting friends and whatnot this summer, I began having dizziness and other migraine symptoms especially after being bit by a dog. I would feel a pulsating sensation on the top of my head, but I didn't even know that was a migraine at the time. Doctors kept saying it was anxiety, but I was convinced that dizziness was a symptom of some heart disease or brain tumor. It wasn't until I began having headaches and when I had to go running to the clinic about them on a day when a tropical depression it that it was realized I was having migraines.
Bookmark and Share

Offline antianxiety2

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2014, 06:10:52 PM »
Sunlover, you actually made my day with your "Ah... the anxiety dizziness!   LOL!" post. I surely thought I've been having heart issues or brain tumors. The catch is that I can walk, even run for miles and I feel fine when I do. I stop and here we go again dwelling on symptoms. Oh I get neck and shoulder pains too with the famous pins & needles or burning skin sensation. This sucks!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: