Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?
Anxiety Forums & Chat Rooms

introducing myself

Offline Charlotte07

• Personal text
introducing myself
« on: February 03, 2014, 11:44:39 AM »
I have been looking for a place where i can talk with others who have issues with anxiety for some time and today stumbled upon this forum by chance. My name is charlotte and i am 19 years old, I have had panic issues most of my life, back as far a i can remember waking in the middle of the night panicking for no given reason, this continued and then reduced for the late years of my childhood but returned with vengeance in adolescence and has stayed with me since, the panic attacks slowly crept into the day time and have become an almost constant issue for the past couple of years, along with having troubles with sleeping my most specific anxiety is linked to the fear of being sick or becoming unwell (in any way related to the stomach) I can't pin point the reasons for this and often need alot of reassurance from my other half, who has been with me for a little over two years so unfortunately has never known me without the attacks or worries, I guess my main goal is to get better control over these things for him, He is my rock and the only reason that I have gotten as far as I have. But I worry so much that one day that this will become too much for him and he would be happier with someone easier to deal with. I have never managed to get the courage to go to the doctors to talk about this stuff but come from a medical family so have a fair idea. I would of liked to be able to go and have a professional opinion but I am so scared of picking up stomach bugs that I avoid the Docs at all costs. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Leo99

• Personal text
Re: introducing myself
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 03:57:12 PM »
Hello, charlotte and welcome to our community :action-smiley-065:!

Sorry to read you've been dealing with anxiety at such young age. But you have found the right place. You will meet many people who feel similar to what you're feeling here. This place is all about sharing experience and mutual support. Please feel free to browse different section/forums of AZ, find the ones you have interest in and post or start a new topic. Finding a good doc for your problems is a good idea and you will eventually get there, I'm sure  :winking0008:.

You may also be interested in chat, which  is  one of the AZ features. It is open for all members over age 18, who have made 3 meaningful posts. Another AZ feature that my interest you is Wire, a social network for our members.

All the best to you and your other half! Leo
Bookmark and Share
From childhood's hour I have not been
As others were; I have not seen
As others saw; I could not bring
My passions from a common spring.
(E. A. Poe)