Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Is this heartburn? I'm freaking out!  (Read 170 times)

Offline tryingtorelax

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Is this heartburn? I'm freaking out!
« on: February 03, 2014, 01:15:08 AM »
Ok, so...

Last night was my friend's 21st birthday. I only had about 4 drinks, but as I've gotten older, I have less alcohol tolerance. I also ate a bunch of greasy food (chicken tenders and mozzarella sticks) after I drank. I didn't feel very well this morning but I thought eating would help. We had a very large, late lunch at a nice restaurant. I ate homemade potato chips with garlic/onion dip, macaroni and cheese, and pulled pork with bbq sauce. Well, it's about 7-8 hours later and I am feeling very full and I have a moderately upset stomach. I'm also burping and I have an acidic taste in the back of my throat, but my stomach is bothering me more.

I have taken 4 tums and also a dose of pepto with not much help. I also tried to eat a cup of rice to settle my stomach down but it didn't help much. I am not having a little bit of lower back pain, I think from my stomach being upset. Does this sound like normal heartburn/acid reflux/overindulgence? I am trying to drink a lot of water and not worry but I'm really freaked out, as I don't get heartburn very much.
Bookmark and Share

Online anxiouskathie

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 209
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Is this heartburn? I'm freaking out!
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 06:03:13 AM »
It definitely sounds like heartburn to me!!!!!  I would have never, ever been able to eat the foods you chose and not get heartburn!!!!  Don't worry though, as soon as that food digests you'll feel a lot better.....I would suggest watching the spicy, garlicy foods in the future if you are prone to heartburn!!
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 161
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 06:04:01 AM »
Well fair to say you ate all the right foods in large amounts that could cause heartburn. Just give it till the end of the day. I am sure it will clear up one way or the other. Sure it is nothing serious. Just a lot of junk put into your body. It will come back out I am sure over the course of the day. I am sure you might feel a lot better later on. Just watch what you eat and how much and how fast you eat it. Slow things down a bit when eating. All that crap going into your body will have an effect on you.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline livelaughlove

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 06:21:54 AM »
You'll be fine in a day or 2, not only did you overeat... but it was all high fat, high salt foods so no wonder why you don't feel good. The barbecue sauce was prob the thing that did you in, as the sugars in sauces are major irritants. THat and the combo of all the maltose (beer), a sugar hard to digest, no wonder why!!! Only time will heal you. Feel better soon my friend.
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2014, 07:58:42 AM »
I agree with anxiouskathie.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 6
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2014, 09:02:13 AM »
Eating candied ginger or drinking ginger tea can help settle your stomach as well.  I always have some at home.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: