Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: painful lymph node  (Read 191 times)

Offline sally1959

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
painful lymph node
« on: February 02, 2014, 10:38:39 PM »
I noticed the lymph nodes behind both of my ears (the posterior auricular lymph nodes) are enlarged. At least, I think they are enlarged. They are about half the size of a pea and flattened, not too big. Is that normal or no?

The one behind the left ear gets shooting pains. It has been getting shooting pains every now and then for months. I used to think that it was just muscle pain or something, I didn't realize until today that the pain was coming from the lymph node itself. In my mind a swollen lymph node is fine as long it's not growing and not painful.

Now I am really scared. My left cervical lymph node has been enlarged for months and my doctor is watching it. Figuring out that this pain is also coming from a possibly enlarged lymph node--well you can probably guess what I want to google. But I'm not going to let myself google it, I decided to come here first and see what you guys think. Please, help me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline msgb98

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: painful lymph node
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 10:36:50 AM »
I one time had an enlarged node behind my ear and it turned out to be the end results of unknown allergies and sinus issues.
I do currently have a node in the groin that is concerning to me as well.
I hope that things turn out ok.
Do not Google --it gets people with HA into trouble.
Bookmark and Share

Offline stressed18

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 10:42:38 AM »
Hello,

I am currently dealing with a swollen lymph node behind my ear as well as an earache for about 5 weeks now. I went to my Dr. he said my ears have a lot of fluid on them and the lymph node was because of sinuses which is the same reason my ears aren't drainning. Try to remain calm about it. And for the love of God don't google it. My lymph node is about the size of a lima bean and my Dr. was not concerned at all about it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Happenstance

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 02:38:48 PM »
This is usually caused by a localized bug in the throat, tooth, ear or nose, the node swells as a response to the bug. If you are unsure, no harm in getting it checked by a doctor as you may need some antibiotics for the bug causing it.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: