Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: not sure what is wrong with me, but I know it is something!  (Read 300 times)

Offline scaredsobad

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
not sure what is wrong with me, but I know it is something!
« on: February 02, 2014, 08:41:15 PM »
I am new on here! I was diagnosed with anxiety around 2 months ago, but I still know it is something bigger, I have had 2 ekg's, 2 chest xrays, blood tests and urine tests and they were all good! I have been having numbness,  tingling, pain and weakness in my left arm for awhile now, my right arm feels a bit of the same, but not as bad! I noticed these symptoms are sometimes worse when I am "hungover" so now I believe I either do have a heart problem or neuropathy my arms fall asleep easily, my upper back also hurts here and there and my chest above my breasts feels bruised.These feling seem to be there a lot and not just when I am thinking about them! These are really starting to scare me and I also sometimes get dizzy:(
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: not sure what is wrong with me, but I know it is something!
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2014, 09:06:33 AM »
First, welcome to the forums.  You'll find a lot of support here.

Second, you are right!  There is something wrong with you!  You suffer from anxiety as your doctor said.  Anxiety can cause all sorts of things you wouldn't think - but it does.  The absolute best thing you can do is to accept that diagnosis and learn some techniques to manage your anxiety.  Don't go looking for diseases you don't have.  That will just send you down a useless spiral of time, money and worry.
Bookmark and Share

Offline clippergoodwill

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2014, 10:24:22 AM »
Stress and anxiety are evil mistresses. I've spent the past year battling nearly the exact same symptoms and spent a small fortune for doctors to tell me that, more or less, it's stress and anxiety. For the better part of a year, I refused to accept the diagnosis and continued to see doctors, until I finally took several stress/anxiety tests online. I know they're not always accurate, but they worked to satisfy my curiosity. I took 8 tests, and scored high for severe stress and anxiety on 7 of them. Funny thing was, once I accepted what the doctors were telling me, it was like something clicked mentally. I was suddenly able to cope and work with the symptoms much better than before. It's not a complete turnaround, and I still have numbness, tingling, and dizziness, but I think I'm on the right track. Hope that helps you my friend :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline scaredsobad

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 01:40:29 PM »
Thanks for the wonderful replies :)
I had a miscarriage right before a lot of my symptoms appeared which definatley helps me believe it is anxiety and depression wrapped into one big thing, but even if I accept it (or at least I thought I had) the symptoms are still here :( I also know that drinking alcohol doesn't help, but especially after the miscarriage I started drinking a lot more, but as now I have cut back a lot like no more drinking during the week and only on the weekend! I have commited to February as my "dry" month just to see if it helps! I am usually a very healthy person (other than alcohol consumption) Like I workout, active and eat very healthy so that makes me believe I actually don't have an actual health condition, but these feelings make it hard t believe that it is just anxiety, but my depression has slightly cleared up from my medication that I didnt want to take in the first place, but I have been on it for just about 3 weeks (cipralex 5mg) and it has helped my depression, but not so much the anxiety as to thinking that I am sick and dying slowly :(
Thanks again for the reply and hope yous are doing well with yourselves and take care X it does help a little to know that others suffer with similar problems, I just hate that it makes me feel like I am in a different world sometimes!
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2014, 07:28:52 PM »
I can tell you that when I drink my anxiety symptoms go through the roof!  Cutting way, way back will do you wonders
Bookmark and Share

Offline MLB2805

• Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2014, 08:57:03 PM »
When I drink I have bad anxiety the next day, even if it's just a little ....
So I rarely drink
Bookmark and Share
You don't have to control your thoughts. You just have to stop letting them control you.

Tags: