Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Reassure me.. Girly issues  (Read 248 times)

Offline Gemgrl2000

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Reassure me.. Girly issues
« on: February 02, 2014, 06:10:04 PM »
Hi all, I've posted before but I'm so exhausted from worry that I just need some help calming down..

I'm 45 and my extreme fear of Drs and tests has kept me from having a Pap smear for the past 7 years. I've been having some symptoms of Perimenopause so I sucked it up and went to a Gyn where she did hormone blood work and a pap. I received the bloodwork results which showed that I am definitely in the change of life but I have yet to get my pap results.. It will be 11 days tomorrow and I keep telling myself that if something wacky showed up I would have known by now but we had almost 10" of snow last week which pretty much closed down the state for a couple of days. I am expecting to know something by tomorrow but I am paralyzed with fear.. I WANT to know so that I can get back to my life.. I'm not eating, barely working and sleeping a lot.
I'm not really having any concerning symptoms.. I am simply terrified that I haven't been checked in so long that SOMETHING must be wrong and I've waited until its too late. It doesn't help that the Dr wasn't very reassuring when I asked if everything looked ok.. She just said "I think soo". She did mention that I have a Nabothian cyst in my cervix and that I had a "pinhole" opening probably from never having a vaginal birth. The only thing I am clinging to right now is when I told her I was worried about cervical C, she said that someone with that usually has urine containing cells and that it normally smells really bad but mine was perfect but I've never heard this symptom before..
I'm just so freaked out and feel like I'm about to get horrible news.. Can anyone relate? I I had something crazy going on wouldn't there be more signs and symptoms? Ugh.. I just want my life back :-((
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
Re: Reassure me.. Girly issues
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 06:36:33 PM »
If there was something wrong they would have called you.  My dad had some kidney tests done and 2 days later the doctor was on the phone because something wasn't right.   When I get my pap that's what I always figure - they'd call ME.  Sometimes I'll call in about 2 weeks just to make sure.  Seems like doctors don't call if all is fine.  You have NO symptoms of anything, you are just having the high anxiety. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline threnners

• Leaping to the worst conclusion in a single bound!
  • Anxiety Girl
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 07:14:03 PM »
If something was wrong, they would have called you immediately.   As my doctor's office says "No news is good news."
Bookmark and Share

Offline Gemgrl2000

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 06:29:41 AM »
Thanks.
Of course, that's the way a normal person looks at it but my crazy self has to factor in weekends and snow closings. I know that my results are sitting on someone's desk right now which is making me a basket case. Each day that passes makes me feel a little better but this is EXACTLY why I stay away from Drs.. Waiting on test results is a living hell!

No, I'm not really having any symptoms of anything but my HA brain tells me that it's been 7 YEARS so I've obviously waited too long and I'm doomed :-(

Bookmark and Share

Offline Lara71

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2014, 07:37:28 AM »
My ob/gyn is notorious bad with good test results. When I had a questionable pap, they were on the phone right away. (Everything turned out fine).
Bookmark and Share

Tags: