Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: My situation  (Read 126 times)

Offline E.B

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
My situation
« on: February 02, 2014, 02:09:59 PM »
I just wanted to see how many of you deal with what I deal with. I have a terrible fear of anything related to going to the doctors. Where many of you want to go when you have a symptom, I am the opposite...I fear going. The whole idea of going to the doctors office or the er is terrible for me. It is funny back in 07 I had a nearly life threatning weightlifting accident, and I joked with the nurses that this what a good way to get over my phobia, but it didn't... :spineyes: Also, I am just starting to feel a little better from being sick with the typical cold/flu deal...I have noticed I can not relax when I am sick. I am constantly feeling my head to see if I have a fever, constantly worrying about how I feel, etc...Actually a new one came about, i happened to notice my pulse was beating higha couple nights ago while not feeling well, and i freaked out, believe it or not google was a good thing because it did show that your pulse can beat high when sick.

Does any of this sound familiar or ring bell for you in the anxiety department?
Bookmark and Share

Online Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
Re: My situation
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 03:46:00 PM »
Absolutely!  I won't go to a doctor unless something were SO bad I couldn't take it (pain, etc) or if it were going on WAY WAY too long (I only went 2 times in my life for something like that - and both times NOTHING was wrong and from that day on my symptom disappeared.)
I always think, "If I don't go then there's nothing wrong, however if I DO go then they'll FIND something!"  So that's what scares me.  It's ridiculous and makes no sense, but do us HA sufferers ever make sense?   ::)

You should see how many times I take my temperature at times - and I'm not sick!  I may have a chill and think, "Oh, it may be a fever!"  (although I feel FINE) - then of course it's the cancers, and various tumors and everything else on top of it.

Out of about 1,000 googles, it helped me about 2 times and sent me over edge 998 times...
Bookmark and Share

Offline E.B

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: My situation
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 04:06:04 PM »
Thank you for the answer...I didn't even take my temp, I was worried I would take it and it would be 105 or something and I would have to go to hospital...but no matter how many times I tell myself "if you had that severe of a temp you would know" doesn't work...and I keep googling "fevers are good for you" and "fevers help you heal" to try to help how im feeling...haha
Bookmark and Share

Tags: