Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Im a psycho -_-  (Read 189 times)

Offline Ineedtosmile

• Some Weirdo that needs to smile.
  • Rec's: 5
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • An experienced hypochondriac...
    • Poke This Member
Im a psycho -_-
« on: February 02, 2014, 10:15:14 AM »
Hey guys, i really dont know where to post this so i posted this here. I think im super weird, and i am. Always when something breaks i feel kinda sorry for throwing it out, even if its a pencil ! -_- I always act as if things were living creatures, for example, when i break, i dunno, maybe a plate, i spend a lot of time feeling sorry for that plate, im like "poor plate , it didnt deserve it." in my mind, im weird, what to do ?
Bookmark and Share
Personal note no.23 - Think of some funny caption to put in here

Online kconnors

• Rec's: 57
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Im a psycho -_-
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 02:21:15 PM »
Hi,

Well, I don't think you are a psycho . . . perhaps, though, you may be projecting your feelings (whatever they may be) on an event . . . for example: if a person (and I am not saying this is you, just anyone) feels that they have a broken spirit and this causes them to feel as if they have been discarded, then it is possible that the act of feeling sorry for something that is broken is a way of feeling that unresolved emotion. Again, I am not saying this is you only that often when we have feelings they relate to something else. I had a friend who would get bored very easily with plants. She would buy potted plants take care of them for a month and then get bored and through them in the garbage. After a few months of developing what I thought was a good friendship (we would eat out once a week and go to a movie; chat on the phone a couple of times a week, etc.), she apparently got bored with the friendship and decided that I no longer was part of her circle of friends. Can't do much about that but to this day, I feel sorry whenever one of my plants dies and, to be honest, I always bury the plant out in the yard rather than throwing it in the garbage. I've come to realize that the event of the plant being discarded is still entrenched with my feelings when the friendship was over.

So, I don't think you are a psycho . . . I do think you might want to ask yourself when and how this association began  and I don't think that you are weird either . . . take care, kc
Bookmark and Share

Offline CarrieAnn

• Rec's: 14
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 03:03:16 PM »
Hi, I sort of feel that way; I don't like to throw away food---like if there is an old green pepper in the fridge, and it's to old to eat, I actually feel sorry for the green pepper that it didn't get to be eaten, as if it's whole life's purpose to be grown for food was not fulfilled.  Don't know why I feel that way either :)
Bookmark and Share

Online kconnors

• Rec's: 57
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 04:32:41 PM »
Perhaps you just need to find a new purpose for the green pepper in that stage of its life cycle . . . you could always compost it so it goes back into the earth and rejuvenates the soil . . . . sometimes our purposes in life just have to be reframed so we can get on with living . . . kc
Bookmark and Share

Offline CarrieAnn

• Rec's: 14
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2014, 06:05:46 PM »
KC, that is a good way to look at it :)  Another thing I can't stand is to throw a recyclable plastic container in the trash.  I always recycle because once again I feel sorry for the Earth---the burden on the Earth to decompose plastic. 

Littering is another pet peeve.  Last Spring while walking my dog I was disgusted by all the trash along the curb and on the sidewalk.  Well the next morning I brought a trash bag with me on our walk, and picked up every little bit of trash I could see.  The biggest thing was an empty anti-freeze container---the gallon size.  By the end of my trash picking that morning I had a full trash bag!  I mentioned it on ***** and had my friends picking up trash in their neighborhoods!

I think a lot of it has to do with respect.  Respect for the Earth, respect for food, respect for the sidewalks and streets.  My parents taught me respect in a BIG way :)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: