Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Pain in middle/upper back - Pancreatic cancer?! :(  (Read 541 times)

Offline inksie

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Excuuuuse me, Princess!
    • Poke This Member
Pain in middle/upper back - Pancreatic cancer?! :(
« on: February 02, 2014, 06:39:01 AM »
Hihi, me again.

Past week or so I've been experiencing some sort of dull/sharp back pain on my right side when I eat. It only happens sometimes but obviously I googled and found out it could be pancreatic cancer!! Most of the time I will not feel any sort of pain but I do sometimes feel it when I'm eating. Last night I kept feeling around my back to see if I could find anything but thankfully could not, but when comparing both sides of my middle/upper back my right side feels a bit bigger than my left. I'm thinking it may be to do because I have fat there (or I hope).

I woke up today and when I rolled around on my bed it felt like something was there. Still no lump, but I don't think I've felt this feeling before. I'm hoping it's because I kept prodding the area and it may have become bruised? I don't know. I'm really trying to find possible solutions to why I feel like this.

I'm only 21 but could it be pancreatic cancer?? I never drink or smoke and I don't have diabetes. Please help!
Bookmark and Share
Video games help me forget about my troubled HA.

"The flow of time is always cruel... Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it... A thing that doesn't change with time is a memory of younger days..." - Sheik.

Offline livelaughlove

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Pain in middle/upper back - Pancreatic cancer?! :(
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 07:44:45 AM »
I don't think you have anything wrong with your. I think you are just feeling discomfort because you just read about it and now you are somatisizing it. In other words, people with somatoform disorder, which is just about everybody and especially during the winter when they don't get as much sunlight, reads about illnesses, then you feel "real" pain or discomfort but it is not real, it just I think an over-firing of nerve or muscle impulses in that area because that is the area you are thinking of.
Bookmark and Share

Offline inksie

Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 08:12:33 AM »
Thanks for your reply,

I guess it could be that... I've only started feeling aches and pains all over my body (or realising it more for that matter) ever since I got my anxiety when I had a breast issue. I'm really hoping that is the case, because I don't want to find out it's some sort of cancer. :( I live in fear thinking that it could be.
Bookmark and Share

"The flow of time is always cruel... Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it... A thing that doesn't change with time is a memory of younger days..." - Sheik.

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 08:22:18 AM »
I have never heard of a case of pancreatic cancer at age 21. You would have a better chance
of winning the lottery.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline livelaughlove

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2014, 09:14:57 AM »
You should do stretching / breathing exercises and maybe sleep with a night guard. I say that because when you eat , your jaw is moving. That jaw joint always works the muscle going down the sides of the neck, to the collar bone, and if your neck muscles are tense then you are also going to feel it in your shoulder blades. So you need at stretch and strengthen the muscles, especially in the back of your neck. Could just also be some mild gastritis which pretty much everyone has, you could try gaviscon or Prilosec over the counter but not for more than a 2 week period.
Bookmark and Share

Offline livelaughlove

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2014, 09:15:56 AM »
I am assuming you already had RUQ US to look at that area?
Bookmark and Share

Offline forever young

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2014, 09:26:48 AM »
I am having upper back pain and goes up into my neck and I am worrying about my heart. I heard on the news yesterday morning if you have upper back pain could be sign of a heart attack. I also had the pain Monday but it went away. I went to the ER last May when I started having weak spells and felt terrible all over. They did the EKG and blood work and told me I had low potassium levels. I can't run to he ER every time I have a pain and I do know I have HA now. It feels like my neck is tense. I kept my I was under a lot of stress yesterday and I wished I had not heard that on the news. I need to stop reading or listening to the news. I won't google my symptoms as I know I would freak out.
Bookmark and Share

Offline inksie

Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2014, 11:54:53 AM »
I am assuming you already had RUQ US to look at that area?

No, not yet. What does RUQ mean?
Bookmark and Share

Offline inksie

Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2014, 06:51:56 PM »
I am having upper back pain and goes up into my neck and I am worrying about my heart. I heard on the news yesterday morning if you have upper back pain could be sign of a heart attack. I also had the pain Monday but it went away. I went to the ER last May when I started having weak spells and felt terrible all over. They did the EKG and blood work and told me I had low potassium levels. I can't run to he ER every time I have a pain and I do know I have HA now. It feels like my neck is tense. I kept my I was under a lot of stress yesterday and I wished I had not heard that on the news. I need to stop reading or listening to the news. I won't google my symptoms as I know I would freak out.

I thought I was having heart problems a while back too and I had a paramedic come into my work to do an ECG and everything was fine. Heart rate was fine and so was my blood pressure.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: