Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Really need help pancreatic and ovarian cancer fears  (Read 1173 times)

Offline PrinceTuesday

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Really need help pancreatic and ovarian cancer fears
« on: February 01, 2014, 10:34:01 PM »
Hello all-

I really really need talking down, I am Ina very dark place worrying about cancer (especially pancreatic and ovarian). For the past month I have had no appetite, nausea, HORRIBLE reflux and burning in stomach and back, and constant gas. I have been to the GI three times, he did a blood test and liver/pancreas function test, as well as an endoscopy and ultrasound which found gastritis and Duodenitis. At the gyno I had ultrasound which only showed a couple tiny follicular cysts. However, none of my medicine is helping and I am so worried about these cancers that I am in tears daily and missing work/commitments! I am 23 and have my whole life ahead of me and I am so worried no one is noticing that something really dire is going on! Please I need some reassurance of this would show up in bloodwork, etc. I have this feeling that I will never feel normal again. I have been taking Prozac for three weeks but it hasn't worked yet. Somebody please help!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lara71

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Really need help pancreatic and ovarian cancer fears
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 11:15:20 PM »
Hi. From your tests it doesn't look like cancer. Getting it at your age is very rare. Loss of appetite is common during anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline PrinceTuesday

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 12:14:47 AM »
But they are both so hard to diagnose that is why I am so worried! Please someone else help
Bookmark and Share

Offline AlwaysFreakedOut

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 02:02:41 AM »
Ovarian cancer can be clearly seen on ultrasound. And doctors can distinguish between a cyst And something solid like a tumor. So if you had a pelvic ultrasound the doctor would have seen if there was something g unusual with your ovaries . Any cancer that is causing symptoms is big enough ( ovarian cancer symptoms stem from the presence of the mass itself ) to show on ultrasound. I am assuming you had an ultrasound to check your pancreas and again if you are having symptoms due to a tumor something would have shown on the ultrasound.
Gastritis and duodenitis were founds and they can account for all your symptoms.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cozy813

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2014, 03:01:22 AM »
Hi, I would not worry since you actually had testing done and nothing was found. Pancreatic cancer is so rare. Especially in someone your age. I know that this had happened to me: my anxiety is so high that I actually feel symptoms by just reading what they are. Stress and anxiety are powerful things tha can actually make you feel physical symtoms. I would tell your doctor your concerns so that they can put your mind at ease. Good luck to you, I hope your anxiety subsides. I know it's beyond awful.
Bookmark and Share

Offline PrinceTuesday

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2014, 04:53:42 AM »
I know anxiety can cause physical symptoms but is it rally possible for it to make me this much in pain all the time??!! It is relentless and I feel like something more must be going on? I am really having a hard time with this!
Bookmark and Share

Offline livelaughlove

• Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2014, 07:54:33 AM »
You have peptic duodenitis, that means you need to find a natural way to calm down so your stomach stops producing sooooo much acid and your bowels aren't in overdrive with normal peristaltic movement. When people have high stress, high anxiety... everything in the autonomic nervous system gets speeded up, like gastric acid production. So, I would recommend you start yoga and breathing/stretching exercises. Keep a sleep log and try to go to bed and wake at same time daily, have a good sleep routine. That is for the physical. To help with the mental and with the natural immune/homeostatic process, that you will control with diet. Low-fat diet is for you. A mediterranean diet would be good for you. If you have a lot of gas or belching I think you should do FODMAP diet strict for 2 weeks followed by taking a good probiotic for at least a month. Increase vitamin C vegetables, like broccoli or strawberries. Vitamin D, if you can't get out in the sun that have fortified foods with D or take a D supplement, as that decreases inflammation, and some cod liver oil. Make sure you are getting enough iron and B-12 from foods. So basically, eat a healthy, whole grain, diverse, fresh diet and stay away from boxed/preservative foods and fatty foods. Also, change your mood. Every day look in the mirror and say something good to you about yourself. THat will train your brain to start thinking positive. These natural remedies DO work. Keep us updated if you try my suggestions.
Bookmark and Share

Offline livelaughlove

• Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2014, 07:59:24 AM »
by the way, i work in gastroenterology so I do know what I am talking about. The above advice to you that I just gave to you is not given to patients probably because that is not a GI doctor responsibility, that would be more of a registered dietitian physician advice as well as maybe advice from a self-help type healer. I am dying to give advice like that to patients but I legally can't, that really bothers me. Healthcare industry is just too political anymore these days
Bookmark and Share

Offline PrinceTuesday

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2014, 12:23:32 PM »
Thank you live laugh love! I will try your suggestions, diet part shouldn't be too hard but I know that finding a way to calm down might be. As someone who works in Gastroenterology, would you be concerned that my pain isn't responding to medicine they gave me (dexilant)? That is what has really been freaking me out- and the fact that my heartburn makes me feel like I am having a heart attack half the time doesn't help. I am sooo worried about this it is consuming my entire life! I am just 100 percent sure that something horrible is going on and no one is paying attention!  :dazed:
Bookmark and Share

Offline PrinceTuesday

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2014, 03:30:12 PM »
Does anyone have GERD? Recently after I eat or drink anything it isn't just burping but almost as if I am going to vomit but it never makes it that far. This is all just getting worse even with medicine
Bookmark and Share

Tags: