Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Finished treatment for H. Pylori and feel worse than I did before!!! Why???  (Read 1047 times)

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 17
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Finished treatment for H. Pylori and feel worse than I did before!!! Why???
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2014, 08:42:34 PM »
You shouldn't even know there is a connection because it's not important. A lot of ppl have HP without even knowing. They only find out if they get some symptoms, like I developed gastroduodenitis and then you cure it. If you don't get anything you won't get tested for it at all.

If HP was so dangerous, don't you think doctors would encourage regular tests for it? Yes it increases risk a bit, but smoking also increases risk for lung cancer and ppl still smoke like crazy and majority of them will never have lung cancer.

Just a thing to consider...
Bookmark and Share

Offline Tweenie

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2014, 08:47:41 PM »
Thanks again, Hypo. I'll see how it goes this week and if symptoms don't improve, I'll connect with the doc....and stop Googling.
Bookmark and Share

Offline livelaughlove

• Rec's: 9
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2014, 06:16:12 AM »
You may just be having what they call a "herxheimer reaction" or herxing. Basically, the bad bacterium is killed off and as it dies it releases endotoxins, which are reabsorbed into the bloodstream, thus causing the patient to feel worse than before (happens a lot with doxy for lymes). It will go away. Start taking a probiotic, like Align or TruBiotic are really good. If you are constipated, drink prune juice daily or take miralax once per day. Avoid simple sugars and preservatives, no HFCS. Choose healthy whole foods, complex carbs, lean chicken or fish, and lots and lots of vegetables. No soda, mints, and limit caffeine.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Happenstance

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2014, 03:19:19 PM »
This is probably due to the dying bugs giving off toxins as someone else says. If you continue to feel ill see your doctor and they will probably do a repeat H Pylori test to make sure all the bugs are gone. H Pylori can be tricky, sometimes it can come back, but don't worry it is easy to treat. You may just need another, maybe slightly longer, course of antibiotics.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Tweenie

• Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2014, 07:23:15 PM »
This is probably due to the dying bugs giving off toxins as someone else says. If you continue to feel ill see your doctor and they will probably do a repeat H Pylori test to make sure all the bugs are gone. H Pylori can be tricky, sometimes it can come back, but don't worry it is easy to treat. You may just need another, maybe slightly longer, course of antibiotics.

Thanks, Happenstance. I hope that is all it is - just the aftermath of the treatment for HP. I felt nauseous all day today - not enough to be sick but enough to bug me. Maybe it's because I was thinking about it all day?

Did you have HP? I'm interested in hearing about how people felt right after treatment. Anyone else?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Happenstance

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2014, 09:34:04 PM »
Not personally but I have known people with it. It's a bug that loves your stomach, if you have an ulcer it will settle into the ulcer and stop it from healing. I reckon you should go back to your doctor and ask to be retested, either with a breath or blood test, to make sure all the bugs are gone. If they are not I think you may need a longer course of antibiotics or a different type of antibiotic as the H Pylori may have become resistant to the type you have just used. Do you have a stomach ulcer? If so you might want to ask about some treatments for that too, or a test (simple scope test or FOB (feacal occult blood test) to see if you do because this could be why the H Pylori is hanging around.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Tweenie

• Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2014, 11:14:54 PM »
I don't know if I have an ulcer or not. It's a long story but I was on iron supplements for anemia in November and December. I stopped because my stomach was hurting so bad. My GP said she would not scope me because even if I did have an ulcer, because I had HP, the treatment would be the same. I had a fecal occult blood test in November and it was fine. I just wish it would resolve itself because it's stressing me out and making my HA horrible.
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything