Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Finished treatment for H. Pylori and feel worse than I did before!!! Why???  (Read 448 times)

Offline Happenstance

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Finished treatment for H. Pylori and feel worse than I did before!!! Why???
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2014, 09:34:04 PM »
Not personally but I have known people with it. It's a bug that loves your stomach, if you have an ulcer it will settle into the ulcer and stop it from healing. I reckon you should go back to your doctor and ask to be retested, either with a breath or blood test, to make sure all the bugs are gone. If they are not I think you may need a longer course of antibiotics or a different type of antibiotic as the H Pylori may have become resistant to the type you have just used. Do you have a stomach ulcer? If so you might want to ask about some treatments for that too, or a test (simple scope test or FOB (feacal occult blood test) to see if you do because this could be why the H Pylori is hanging around.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Tweenie

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Re: Finished treatment for H. Pylori and feel worse than I did before!!! Why???
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2014, 11:14:54 PM »
I don't know if I have an ulcer or not. It's a long story but I was on iron supplements for anemia in November and December. I stopped because my stomach was hurting so bad. My GP said she would not scope me because even if I did have an ulcer, because I had HP, the treatment would be the same. I had a fecal occult blood test in November and it was fine. I just wish it would resolve itself because it's stressing me out and making my HA horrible.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: