Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Anyone have pain that doesn't hurt until you start thinking about it?  (Read 150 times)

Offline bpadilla49

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I was sick with the stomach flu on Thursday. My son and husband had it Wednesday, so I knew it was only a matter of time before I got it. Well on Thursday I had really bad body aches with the stomach flu. My lower back and hips hurt so bad. Friday when I woke up, the stomach flu was gone, along with most of the aches and pains. But I was left with this pain wayyy lower back/tailbone to the right side. It feels better when standing or lying down, worse when sitting.

So I went to sleep last night and woke up this morning. It didn't start hurting again until I started thinking about it. Has anyone ever had this happen before? A pain won't start until you wake up and realize you're worried about it, then it starts hurting? I'm convinced that the pain wouldn't even be there if my mind were distracted enough, but I literally can't take my mind off of it. I'm worried I have some type of spinal tumor or cancer now. 26/F.
Bookmark and Share

Offline inksie

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Excuuuuse me, Princess!
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anyone have pain that doesn't hurt until you start thinking about it?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 12:10:08 PM »
I'm pretty sure your symptoms are due to anxiety. You just said it yourself... you realise you're worried about it! I think most people experience random pain in their bodies but when anxiety and worry kicks in, you start to notice the little things that go on a whole lot more. Please don't worry!
Bookmark and Share
Video games help me forget about my troubled HA.

"The flow of time is always cruel... Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it... A thing that doesn't change with time is a memory of younger days..." - Sheik.

Offline bpadilla49

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 06:21:36 PM »
Well, now it's been hurting all day. Kind of a dull, burning ache to the right side of my tailbone. It came on suddenly, and I haven't injured it recently. Any ideas whats going on?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 15
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 07:08:23 PM »
Let me tell you a true story... in November of 2004 my stomach started with a warm feeling washing inside it all the time - NOT heartburn, just a warm feeling, very unsettling, then it turned to a pressure pain, it felt like someone had their fist pressed right beneath my boobs, sometimes it would be pressing real hard, sometimes not as hard - being like you, that is ALL I could focus on, I'd go shopping for clothes which I LOVE to do and all I did was walk around wondering if the pain is gone, there, better, worse...  wondering what it is, is it bad, googling until my fingers were numb....   this went on until December 2005 when I finally had the courage to see a doctor and get an endoscopy.  That was on Dec. 30.    December 31'st the pain was gone and never came back.  All I had to hear was there was NOTHING wrong with me - I relaxed, forgot about it and presto!  Like magic it was gone after 13 months of it there EVERY DAY almost all day long!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: