Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Headaches when I wake up  (Read 271 times)

Offline inksie

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Excuuuuse me, Princess!
    • Poke This Member
Headaches when I wake up
« on: February 01, 2014, 10:26:44 AM »
Helloooo... me again! :(

For the past 3 days I have been waking up with headaches. Of course I googled and found out it if you wake up every day with a headache it could be a brain tumor? Ugh here we go again... I'm getting really paranoid and my HA is flaring up once again. :(

Has anyone gone through this? Please tell me I'm just overthinking things. I rarely ever get headaches and now that I've been waking up with them (I woke up from a 4 hour nap about an hour ago and felt it) it's starting to cause concern.
Bookmark and Share
Video games help me forget about my troubled HA.

"The flow of time is always cruel... Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it... A thing that doesn't change with time is a memory of younger days..." - Sheik.

Offline sally1959

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Headaches when I wake up
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 12:37:51 PM »
I wake up with headaches too. They usually go away once I stand up and start walking around, or they turn into a full blown tension headache.

I think for me it is just sleeping in the cold weather (coldest winter ever where I live) and my heater sucks.

But yeah I also used to think it was a brain tumor, still get paranoid about it sometimes though I know it's nothing.
Bookmark and Share

Offline inksie

Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 12:50:05 PM »
Are they quite constant though? I know I've only been experiencing them for a couple of days... I'm just scared that I'm going to get them every single day. Even now, after 3-4 hours I'm still feeling like the headache is still there, but is VERY minor. I don't know if I'm just over thinking it being there.
Bookmark and Share

"The flow of time is always cruel... Its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it... A thing that doesn't change with time is a memory of younger days..." - Sheik.

Offline CrazyQuacker75

• Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2014, 01:27:41 PM »
For awhile I would wake up with headaches in the morning, I started to stretch my neck and rub my temples and forehead every night before I fell asleep and it helped a little.   
Bookmark and Share
In the race against myself

Offline inksie

Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2014, 01:33:27 PM »
For awhile I would wake up with headaches in the morning, I started to stretch my neck and rub my temples and forehead every night before I fell asleep and it helped a little.   

Have they subsided? And how long did it go on for?
Bookmark and Share

Offline CrazyQuacker75

Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2014, 02:43:05 PM »
The morning headaches have ended, but I still eventually get a headache through the day, I've had a head ache almost everyday for about three months the morning ones lasted 2 or 3 days but haven't returned really since I started that, I hope thats why they stopped, but honestly who knows the human body is weird I could of changed the way I sleep for all I know haha so if it does't work try not to panic, everybody's body is different.
Bookmark and Share

Offline inksie

Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2014, 03:28:56 PM »
I'll try not to. I keep thinking I have some underlying cancer somewhere in my body and it's made its way up to my brain :( My headache has finally gone now... it's been about 5-6 hours.
Bookmark and Share

Offline sally1959

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2014, 06:53:16 PM »
I've been getting mine for a little over a year. They used to happen 3-4 times a week during the summer. Now they happen once a week, or once every two weeks, always coinciding with stress (had it today, I'm subconsciously stressed out about a party tonight, and yeah I've gotten to understand my subconscious triggers at this point lol). Or when I sleep in a bed I'm unused to, like when I went home for the holidays.

Bookmark and Share

Offline inksie

Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2014, 07:47:27 PM »
I'm worried about mine more as it seems to be happening every time I wake up for the past three days. I'm actually pretty scared to go to sleep tonight because I don't want to wake up with another headache.
Bookmark and Share

Offline CrazyQuacker75

Relaxed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2014, 08:51:03 PM »
trust me going to sleep will help you more than hurt you, whenever I don't get enough sleep I normally pay the price with a nasty headache.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: