Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: exposure to burning plastic while sleeping  (Read 172 times)

Offline inquisitor36

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
exposure to burning plastic while sleeping
« on: February 01, 2014, 09:58:12 AM »
So this morning (about 4ish) I woke up to an awful smell. Smelled like burning plastic but I could not figure it out. I have a wood stove that was burning all night. I thought maybe it was the cat litter box so I cleaned that, then cleaned the floor around my children's bathroom toilet. I opened all the windows to air out house. Finally about an hour later I was putting more wood in the stove I looked over and realized the side of a plastic tupperware tub that I had put ashes in last night had melted through the whole side and when I picked it up the whole bottom fell out onto the wood floor. There was a spot on the wood lamenent wood floor where it had been burning all night. My door was closed last night but my son's room is next to the wood stove. He had a fan blowing on him all night with his head under the covers. I aired out his room, he's still in bed but I am so worried that he was exposed to the plastic fumes all night long. Can respiratory troubles happen long after exposure... I'm kind of freaking out here and feel so stupid!!!! Praying everything will be ok. Worried!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
Re: exposure to burning plastic while sleeping
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2014, 07:11:25 PM »
Maybe if he were exposed to those fumes night after night for a few years - not just one night like that.
Bookmark and Share

Offline hypochondrius

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: exposure to burning plastic while sleeping
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2014, 09:45:40 PM »
I really, really would not worry about one night's exposure to burning plastic. I could see some acute effects occurring if say, it was burning right next you in an enclosed space.
Bookmark and Share