Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Anxiety Relapse... WHY?!?!?!?  (Read 305 times)

Offline Vedabug54

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anxiety Relapse... WHY?!?!?!?
« on: January 31, 2014, 09:30:42 PM »
 :traurig001: I just dont understand! I have done so well controlling my anxiety. I had a very intensive CBT grout therapy four years ago, and it did wonders for me. I have had anxiety since than, but the past year (while pregnant) I have been working very hard, and have not had any panic attacks, and have been able to calm myself down. Two weeks ago, I started feeling wheezy, and instantly I got a massive attack. Instead of calming myself down I went into full panic mode. I have been a mess since. Anxiety every day. I also just had a bad attack where I almost went to the ER.. Havent done that is a LONG time! I just dont understand what and WHY this is all happening again. The negative thinking, the catastrophic thinking.. its killing me. I really dont want to go through this again... any advice? PLEASE I really want to be away from this beast  :traurig001:
Bookmark and Share

Offline msgb98

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anxiety Relapse... WHY?!?!?!?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 09:49:47 PM »
I would love to know the answer to this myself. I have been really good. All together and then bam something hit me and well I have been a bit on the anxiety side ever since. I try to calm myself down but sometimes it isn't working
Hope things get better for you
Bookmark and Share

Offline Vedabug54

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 09:50:56 PM »
I would love to know the answer to this myself. I have been really good. All together and then bam something hit me and well I have been a bit on the anxiety side ever since. I try to calm myself down but sometimes it isn't working
Hope things get better for you

Thanks so much!! hopefully we can both get some good tips. I have been amazing till the day it all happened and now everyday has been terrible
Bookmark and Share

Offline MOchp

• Anxiety Magnet
  • Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Cold
    Cold
  • Living in Fear of My Own Body
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 10:48:34 PM »
I have found that any really stressful event can trigger an HA freakout. My wedding, a happy but stressful day triggered my anxiety pretty bad and I was okay through my honeymoon but after we got back it got pretty bad for a little bit.
Bookmark and Share

Offline 2sungo

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2014, 06:14:27 PM »
I've asked myself the same question each time it happened during the three episodes in my life, and this third one has been a real challenge. Its been over a year, the first half was really bad, the rest better with some serious setbacks.  I am on medication and it helps, but not as well as in the first two episodes.  One thing I have gotten out of therapy is that while we want to ask ourselves "why" and "why me", it doesn't really help us, it leads to more self pity which causes more frustration, anxiety, and depression.  One phrase that sticks with me is that "today is not tomorrow" so that can help at times.  I'm not saying I'm immune from ever asking the why question even now, but I know there is no answer, this is my cross to bear, and I can only keep trying to look forward, knowing I have found relief in the past and have had good days, even weeks, and parts of days even in this current episode.  Keeping a journal may help, its good to see when you are not feeling well that you have proof in writing that you can feel well at times, and with proper treatment of whatever sort, those periods of wellness should increase again.  But I do think we all ask that question of why, especially in the beginning when it is like a recurring nightmare, but that will get better even if its sometimes hard to envision when it feels bad.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Momee

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2014, 07:22:14 PM »
VendaBug......how are you doing?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lara71

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2014, 10:22:08 PM »
From late 2011 - 2012, I had an awful year, but my anxiety never went into full panic mode. 2013 was not that bad and I slowly started digging myself out of hole when suddenly I get with the worst anxiety I had ever had In My life.  It made no sense. Anxiety doesn't make sense.

You mention you are or were pregnant. Hormones can make anxiety worse.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: