Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Highs and Lows  (Read 105 times)

Offline Katiesue04

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • You only live once!
    • Poke This Member
Highs and Lows
« on: January 31, 2014, 07:25:57 PM »
I think I handled my GAD very well at the beginning of the week.  I was very stressed out at work my kitchen flooded due to a broken faucet and I was able to hold it together all day.  I went to see my psychiatrist and she agreed.  So she said I wouldn't have to go back for another 2 months...well then Wednesday happened.  I started thinking my coworker was looking for a new job because he said he was mad one day and writing up a new resume.  I dwelled on this so much that I went from 0 to 10 in a matter of 15 minutes...then all of a sudden I thought he was at a job interview when he left and ran to get errands.  Then I came into work today and water was leaking from the ceiling onto my desk.  I almost broke down.  I really wanted to.  I somehow held it together.  I decided that I need to see my psychiatrist again because I want to learn to be able to control my thoughts instead from going from zero to 10.  I feel like I had a big set back this week and I am being rough on myself for it :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline 2sungo

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Highs and Lows
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 10:24:50 PM »
Setbacks happen, and are nothing to beat yourself up about.  A few weeks ago I went to the DMV (always a bad experience where I live) and my daughter didn't bring an original document she needed that I told her to bring. It was a terrible day, wind, rain, just super gloomy.  I lost it, got upset and cried on the way back home (feeling mad/sorry for myself at this stupid illness and the lack of resilience it seems to create), then talked to my therapist who gave me good advice.  No point in being upset about being upset, just take some time, calm down and try again.  We did so and got the task done.  It was a rough day, but there have been many good days since then (and a few not so great but not as bad as that one so far).  Its a moment, it will pass, and real life stress has a way of worsening anxiety especially when one is still feeling fragile.  If you feel you need to see your pdoc or a therapist sooner rather than later because of added stress, seems to me that this is a good idea, sometimes we need more support than we thought we would.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: