Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Why should we keep moving forward?  (Read 172 times)

Offline marcintosh

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Why should we keep moving forward?
« on: January 31, 2014, 01:01:06 PM »
I've had PAD, GAD for the last 4-5 years. Pretty much the majority of my 20's I've been dealing with these issues. I'm 27 now. Why did this happen to me? I don't understand it. I've been good to others, followed all the rules, did well for myself, did well for others. Ever since the "Panic Journey" began I've been trying to figure out the cause of my problems. I've had no luck once so ever. I've had no relief from anxiety, and for the last two months I've been battling depression. I don't get a full nights sleep anymore, I get stressed WAY too fast. So fast I can't enjoy sitting down at a restaurant.

I'm at my wits end, I'm having a hard time being resilient. To top it all off I can't take medication because my phobia involves taking pills. So, I'm afraid to take any sleeping pill, or anti-depressant. I think about ***** all the time. I don't want to leave my fiancÚ and parents destroyed so i push on for them.

I'm afraid. I don't know what else, who else to turn to. Life isn't mean to be lived this way...what's the point anymore, why suffer daily?
Bookmark and Share

Offline snowmanrn

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Why should we keep moving forward?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 02:27:12 PM »
Sorry to hear you have such bad anxiety and depression. I do as well. Been struggling with depression ever since I was a kid and I am 34 now. My anxiety became a chronic severe issue in 2009 and I have been trying to just get by ever since. My suicidal thoughts mostly arise when I just feel like I don't want to have this pain anymore. I have been on lots of different meds and can say that they really can help a lot. I understand you have a pill phobia but have you considered going through treatment to try and overcome this phobia?

Try to think happy thoughts. We are all gonna be in the grave someday and it will come sooner than we think. My brother struggled with schizoaffective disorder for a long time. He was found hanging in my dad's garage this past year. Very very sad. I realized it's all over soon enough and to try to make the best of this life. I can't believe I was 17 half my life ago. When I think this it makes me feel better. Relief will come. Friends and family help me a lot. Finding out lots of other people struggle as hard or harder than me keeps me going. I think this forum for example is a good way to find that I am not alone.

Do you exercise? I exercise a lot. It's the only time I feel normal and I love it. I think it is the best treatment for anxiety. I found that I have had a lot of failures in life but to be honest I do a lot more than the average person by far. Find a passion. I found rock/ice/alpine/high altitude mountaineering. I love it and really excel at it.

I hope any of this helps. Keep going!
Bookmark and Share

Offline marcintosh

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Why should we keep moving forward?
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 08:31:38 PM »
Sorry to hear you have such bad anxiety and depression. I do as well. Been struggling with depression ever since I was a kid and I am 34 now. My anxiety became a chronic severe issue in 2009 and I have been trying to just get by ever since. My suicidal thoughts mostly arise when I just feel like I don't want to have this pain anymore. I have been on lots of different meds and can say that they really can help a lot. I understand you have a pill phobia but have you considered going through treatment to try and overcome this phobia?

Try to think happy thoughts. We are all gonna be in the grave someday and it will come sooner than we think. My brother struggled with schizoaffective disorder for a long time. He was found hanging in my dad's garage this past year. Very very sad. I realized it's all over soon enough and to try to make the best of this life. I can't believe I was 17 half my life ago. When I think this it makes me feel better. Relief will come. Friends and family help me a lot. Finding out lots of other people struggle as hard or harder than me keeps me going. I think this forum for example is a good way to find that I am not alone.

Do you exercise? I exercise a lot. It's the only time I feel normal and I love it. I think it is the best treatment for anxiety. I found that I have had a lot of failures in life but to be honest I do a lot more than the average person by far. Find a passion. I found rock/ice/alpine/high altitude mountaineering. I love it and really excel at it.

I hope any of this helps. Keep going!

Hey, thanks for the response. I try to exercise on a daily basis, I haven't been able to lately because I've been dizzy for the last 2 weeks so I've only been able to walk for 30-40 minutes. Most of my issues seem to be coming from a lack of sleep. If I dont sleep tonight I will just take some Nyquil tomorrow, have a panic attack, then go to bed. F-it.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: