Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: STOP Googling  (Read 1095 times)

Offline cravenmobile

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: STOP Googling
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2014, 10:00:53 AM »
I am dying to google, but I am resisting!   I'll see if I can make it until I go to bed.

I believe in you! You can do it!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2014, 03:04:09 PM »
I am dying to google, but I am resisting!   I'll see if I can make it until I go to bed.

I believe in you! You can do it!

Cravenmobile, I made it almost 24 hours! 
Bookmark and Share

Offline everette

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2014, 11:16:23 PM »
I have to agree.
Google has scared the hell out of me.

But on the other hand if I had not googled my symptoms I might of not found this site.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2014, 06:04:10 PM »
I've not being googling for a week now, and although I had numerous new symptoms, my anxiety level was much lower than usually. So, I want to encourage all once more to stop googling.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2014, 06:25:11 PM »
I've not being googling for a week now, and although I had numerous new symptoms, my anxiety level was much lower than usually. So, I want to encourage all once more to stop googling.

Hypo, YOU have been my biggest help!  I have had my mom, my husband, my daughter getting so frustrated with me and my googling, so many times, so often they'd tell me and I didn't listen...  but you have BEEN there, you KNOW what health anxiety is and by YOU saying it it gave it a LOT more credence.   I haven't googled for 2 whole days, and as a matter of fact I was just thinking, "Ah, my Xanax kicked in..."  Then I realized, HEY!  I didn't TAKE any Xanax!   I hope this is going to be good things to come and I don't fall back into the "hell-hole" but so far so good, and thanks!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2014, 06:44:17 PM »
I am so glad that you are able to resist googling and that you are seeing positive benefits of it! Always come to the forum, ask questions, I still do, but I know you won't be that much anxious if you didn't google before that.

P.S. For everyone, my ***** username is carpediem_1984 (cartoon character on profile picture). If you need someone to encourage you not to google, or just need someone to talk to, I am there.

Take care
Bookmark and Share

Offline forestdeer

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2014, 12:54:44 AM »
i extremely agree with this.
as a newcomer to hypochondria , i have been doing heaps of googling and it has taken a big effect on my life (even though i've only had it for 2 months)
been to a doctor 2 times in the same week and going again , for a blood test (requested by doctor to reassure and show me that there is nothing wrong)
every time the doctors reassure me everything is fine (im nearly 13..) and i get excited about that , but everytime i always have the urge to make sure the doctors correct and consult dr google.

bad choices every time.
its like a drug , and it harms me every time.
every time.

like i went to the doctor thinking i had arthritis and he said i just needed more lubracant for my joints as i haven't had enough fish oil for a long time.
then i went on google just to see if it was going to help (fish oil) and came up with all these arthritis things and yet i began to panick again.

but reading all you guys' posts and own situations comfort me alot , im real glad i joined this forum.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Poke This Member
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2014, 05:20:43 AM »
I am so glad that you are able to resist googling and that you are seeing positive benefits of it! Always come to the forum, ask questions, I still do, but I know you won't be that much anxious if you didn't google before that.

P.S. For everyone, my 0366 username is carpediem_1984 (cartoon character on profile picture). If you need someone to encourage you not to google, or just need someone to talk to, I am there.

Take care

What is 0366?  And while I am at it what are all these numbers being used like 0119 for ***** and 0437 or something else for.... well I have no clue.
Why do people use numbers instead of the words?  I'm hoping you'd know.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2014, 06:43:39 AM »
S/K/Y/P/E ....some words are scrambled because they are forbidden apprently...no one writes numbers :)

P.S. For everyone, my S/K/Y/P/E username is carpediem_1984 (cartoon character on profile picture). If you need someone to encourage you not to google, or just need someone to talk to, I am there.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Hypo84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2014, 07:56:22 PM »
Quick update :

It has been 12 days since I stopped Googling and my health anxiety is much lower than before. :) I still get symptoms but I am listening to my rational mind since I am not overwhelmed by emotions.

Hope you are not Googling as well.

Take care
Bookmark and Share

Offline BeeDot

• Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2014, 01:26:54 AM »
Congrats on 12 days!  I've found that when I start feeling anxious about a symptom, if I don't want to give in to Google, then I come on here and I actually feel my anxiety start to go away as I help other people with their problems or post one of my own.  So different from Google where my anxiety only increases with each article I read!

Keep strong: )
Bookmark and Share
For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe.  -Author Unknown

Offline rachelalix

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2014, 06:32:26 AM »
Google is by far the worst thing 2 turn 2 when i 1st started with anxiety i had chest pain googled it and it told me i was having a heart attack that made me panic even more phoned ambulance was took to hospital everything was normal i still do it now even tho i know it's going to bring up all worse cause scenarios only way 2 help anxiety is 2 stop googling
Bookmark and Share

Tags: