Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Taking a "break" from your daily stress.....your experiences  (Read 139 times)

Online AncientMelody

• Rec's: 15
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Taking a "break" from your daily stress.....your experiences
« on: January 30, 2014, 03:40:45 PM »
Wish I came up with a better title, but it's the best I could think of.  my question: who has taken time off of their daily routine to try to recoup their energy and refocus? Whether that came in the form of a brief hospitalization, intensive outpatient program, a couple sick days or extended time from work. Maybe a vacation? What was your experience with it. Was it more trouble than it was worth, either in organizing the time away or getting in the groove of getting back? Was it a form of avoidance that compounded your anxieties? A refresher that helped get your anxieties under control?

I really thought I was past THIS point, but I'm feeling overwhelmed with the thought of keeping up my day to day routine....and probably the "thought of" being a key indicator here in anxiety world  ::) Work hasn't been overly stressful in the last few weeks, my new meal plan at home is going well. But when I go to bed at night thinking about all there is to do the next day.....I don't feel up to the task. I'm sure lack of sleep has something to do with it, the terrible winter something else. I just wonder if some time away would be beneficial. And if I were to take time away, how I would go about arranging it. we have a possible trip to Texas in March, and I'm nervous about traveling with the kids. So who's to say if that trip will me more stressful or maybe a change will give me the charge I need. I don't know.
Bookmark and Share

Offline CarrieAnn

• Rec's: 14
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Taking a "break" from your daily stress.....your experiences
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2014, 08:00:05 PM »
Hi Melody, I can empathize with feeling overwhelmed with all the things to do in a day, it has been hard getting out of bed in the morning, partly because of facing everything to do, and partly because it's been so darn cold out.

Well, one way I take a break is when I'm done with my busy morning, and lunch I drive over to Target just to browse over everything--even if I don't buy much it's just calming to have something else to focus on. Then after all the mulling over everything I stop in the Starbucks that is located in the store :)  I usually only go once a week----seems to put me in a happy mood :)

This probably isn't what you were asking, but simple as it is, it works for me   :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline stephpuck

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Taking a "break" from your daily stress.....your experiences
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2014, 08:12:31 PM »
I would totally love to take a break. I am feeling very overwhelmed lately. I am a mom to 2 young kids and though I love them dearly they are the cause of a lot of my anxiety. It is hard to get an extended break from them. My mother-in-law will take them for 2 days which I greatly appreciate. I long for the days when I could have a serious extended break and I think it'd be totally worth the effort if you can do it.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: